% of owners with issues

Unfortunately I am in the negative camp. After 4 problem free flights, in the middle of the fifth one, as the craft was hovering in place at about 360 ft it suddenly started to shake and vibrate. None of the controls worked anymore and it dropped like a stone. Landed in 2 feet of water. By the time I got to it, the battery had shorted and it was done for.

I'm currently battling with the DJI support and my dealer regarding my PV2. I had it for a week with marvelous flights. Didn't have any battery problems but I did have some recurrent problem regarding compass calibration. Had to use the magnet trick to get it to calibrate. The next day after calibrating after using the magnet, it just stopped responding to commands and flew like a rocket into one direction and into the roof of my neighbor. Had a recorded max speed of 34m/s on my galaxy x4 screen (54.4mph). I've posted detailed information regarding this on the PV2 suicide thread.

I'm very upset and I'm looking into a solution with DJI. And I'm not even sure I could recommend this product to anyone after what happened to me.

I'm responding to this thread because I'm also very curious regarding people with problems and without. We must know how reliable this product is.

Geert said:
I also think that the PV at this moment not reliable is.
In fact I am scared to fly with the PV again after some problems.

I mentioned these problems in other threads already.

I had some battery problems and i sended all back to the dealer. Yesterday i received my PV back. The dealer told me that there was indeed a problem with that battery and he replaced it. Yesterday I had 2 nice flights.

This morning I wanted to make a new flight. All checked, all fully charged, compass calibrated and ready to fly.
Then it happened !!!!
I was at an altitude between 15 and 20 meters. My PV dropped out of the sky like a rock. No battery issue, no warning , nothing at all. It felt out of the sky just like that.
Before I realized what happened the PV was on the ground already. The camera was separated from the PV and landing gear damaged.
I attached the camera again and checked everything. Camera is fine, motors are fine, everything seems to be ok except for the landing gear, I need to replace that.
I really don't know what to do know I can not trust the PV anymore. I am scared to fly it again because I do not know the cause. I did everything by the book, no pilot error or whatsoever .
The only thing I can think about is that there was no more power, it was like the battery stopped. I dunno how to tell.

Somebody had a similar experience ? Somebody can tell me what to do please ?

is there something fundamental wrong with my PV ? Should I ask DJI or the dealer for a complete replacement?

I really appreciate every help or suggestion.

I did not buy a new PV yet. I think I will wait a few weeks or months until it seems to be stable

I'm in the negative camp as well. Mine was destroyed on the very first flight when it stopped dead and fell like a rock to the ground. I've flown a Phantom 1 for months and hundreds of incident free flights with no problems at all. I still have that one and fly it every day.

On the very first flight with my PV, it stopped running in flight about 60 feet above the asphalt and fell like rock and destroyed.

The thread on my loss is here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4269&p=30086#p30086

I have had 3 phantom visions since their release. All of which have had major problems and had to be returned to the vendor to issue a replacement.

Maybe it's bad luck...maybe it's me?
It is possible that the vendor that I purchased from truly got a large bad batch of them. I have talked to at least 3 others that purchased from the same vendor and had to return theirs.

The issue I've had seem to all be major failures bad camera, bad main board, faulty range extender. All not allowing me to fly the air craft and they also had the invalid battery issue.

Still hopeful and think it's a great platform. Definitely think their are some bugs to be worked out.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik