Obsidian Batteries...

Reaction score
Haven't flown my P4P Obsidian in quite some and noticed one of my four batteries is completely dead/non-responsive. Looking for a replacement but discovering Obsidian 5870mAh batteries are tough -- if not impossible -- to come by. New seems to be out of the question, so does anyone have a source for good-quality, low charge-cycle replacements? The P4P battery seems to be composed of a main "box" containing the internals, and then encased in a "shell" with the lights, release buttons, etc. Short of actually getting my hands on an Obsidian battery, would it be possible to purchase a new white P4P batt and swap-out the "shell" so it would be a white battery encased in the Obsidian housing? That way, once installed, the bird would still look 100% Obsidian :) Anyone successfully do that?

Reactions: trevornewkirk
Reaction score
You will be better off using a can of spray paint so solve the color issue.
If you find a way to Frankenstein p4p batteries, please let me know.

Reaction score
Haven't flown my P4P Obsidian in quite some and noticed one of my four batteries is completely dead/non-responsive. Looking for a replacement but discovering Obsidian 5870mAh batteries are tough -- if not impossible -- to come by. New seems to be out of the question, so does anyone have a source for good-quality, low charge-cycle replacements? The P4P battery seems to be composed of a main "box" containing the internals, and then encased in a "shell" with the lights, release buttons, etc. Short of actually getting my hands on an Obsidian battery, would it be possible to purchase a new white P4P batt and swap-out the "shell" so it would be a white battery encased in the Obsidian housing? That way, once installed, the bird would still look 100% Obsidian :) Anyone successfully do that?

2 Pack ExpertPower High Capacity (15.2V 5870mAh) Intelligent Flight Replacement Battery for DJI Phantom 4 Series Drones| DJI Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Pro, Phantom 4 Pro V2.0, Phantom 4 Advanced $198
Visit the ExpertPower Store

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DanTucker