Nvidia shield....

Reaction score
Is this basically the best thing out there for the pilot app ? Built in screen recording, build in live streaming, 3g capabilities for active home point.

I'm using a galaxy tab 4 now and I'm over it , for those using the shield any complaints? I'm buying strictly just for the phantom no other apps or gaming or anything. Just for the pilot app.

Reactions: Fplvert
No complaints by me, it's a nice tablet.

The Shield has a fast processer, bright screen, HDMI out, and a built-in micro SD card reader.

Zero bugs glitches or lag on mine. Do not install Facebook on it. That for what ever reason makes the shield laggy. It is a very powerful tablet. The tab s does have a better screen. Can't beat a super amoled screen!

Zero bugs glitches or lag on mine. Do not install Facebook on it. That for what ever reason makes the shield laggy. It is a very powerful tablet. The tab s does have a better screen. Can't beat a super amoled screen!

when you say a better screen do you mean brighter? that would be the only reason I would be interested

I don't have the newer tab S with the good screen. Mine is the 8.1 from before it.

Only app I will install on it is dji pilot. The built in screen recording is mainly the selling point for me. I know we will get the youtube streaming on android eventually but having both options built into the shield is awesome.

Is this basically the best thing out there for the pilot app ? Built in screen recording, build in live streaming, 3g capabilities for active home point.

I'm using a galaxy tab 4 now and I'm over it , for those using the shield any complaints? I'm buying strictly just for the phantom no other apps or gaming or anything. Just for the pilot app.
Perfect for this IMO. Nice size and fast (and not Apple)

I love my Nvidia shield, the screen is a perfect size and not seen any lag yet on the pilot app.
Mine is only the 16gb wi fi version but i just create a wifi hotspot with my phone and so can get the maps out in the field, you can also cache the maps at home on wifi if you wish.
The screen recording is a big bonus and its a real fast tablet too for any other applications. Even fits in my backpack! :D

292uw0g.jpg

wbs1z5.jpg

14tu1xl.jpg

I am thinking about buying one with 3G because I already have an extra line with AT&T. That way I could always have Maps right?

I am thinking about buying one with 3G because I already have an extra line with AT&T. That way I could always have Maps right?
If you have a spare line then why not, the lte version is more expensive though but is 32gb stock. Like i say i just create a wifi hotspot with my S5 in the field and the shield uses that no problem,The great thing about the Nvidia shield is that you can put a sd card up to 128gb in either to expand the memory if need be, the nexus 9 is non expandable.

Reactions: 4ever9er
I'd much rather have the LTE for home point and not have any extra wifi signal going to get in the way.

I tried the hot spot with my S5 and it severely reduced my lightbridge reception from over 11000' to just over 1000'. The LTE version is pretty much required of you like long distance flight

Reactions: 4ever9er
I have also the Shield. It is very good for DJI Pilot. Only thing, I do not like, is the storage system. You can not store your pictures and videos to SD card. Luckily the screen record video is stored to SD card. The screen recording is awesome feature! Just hit the auto record on, before take off and if you need to store your flight, save press SAVE and you have got last 20 minute in your SD card. It is like your "black box".
If you use Android, Shield is the best device.
Shield also support 5 ghz WIFI...

I tried the hot spot with my S5 and it severely reduced my lightbridge reception from over 11000' to just over 1000'. The LTE version is pretty much required of you like long distance flight
I just cache the maps with the S5, then turn off the hotspot and disconnect it from the shield, no need to leave it on.

I'd much rather have the LTE for home point and not have any extra wifi signal going to get in the way.

Home point is still recorded as the shield has gps. The wifi is turned off after caching the maps.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 500

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.