Nvidia Shield K-1 8.0-Inch

Reaction score
Hi is anyone currently using Nvidia Shield K-1 8.0Inch with a Phantom 3? If so how does it perform pro/con's.

Do all the Phantom fetures work ok? or are there fetures that do not? As i notice it is not cellular.

Sorry if this has been asked before, im new to this just got my first Phantom and now need a decent display to run it from.
Thank Alan

I don't personally use it, but many people do and it works well. If you want to see what else is available, check out this list of compatible devices.

Hi is anyone currently using Nvidia Shield K-1 8.0Inch with a Phantom 3? If so how does it perform pro/con's.

Do all the Phantom fetures work ok? or are there fetures that do not? As i notice it is not cellular.

Sorry if this has been asked before, im new to this just got my first Phantom and now need a decent display to run it from.
Thank Alan
works great.

I bought one specifically to use with my new purchase (P3S) and because it has HDMI out. It works great, however, I had to disable Google Play services in order for the Go app to stop crashing. In doing so, I'm not able to view a map when flying - even after caching maps. I use AZ Recorder to capture the Go app and screen.

I'm also using a tripod and a tripod tablet mount, as opposed to having it mounted on the Tx. With the HDMI output, I also purchased a monitor tripod that will support a 27" monitor. I haven't used that yet, and it may be overkill because the tablet and tripod is working well for my purpose, but one day having the larger display would be even better (and why not).

Looks similar to this when set up:
m001279723_sc7

Just got mine to replace a smashed Nexus 7. Early days, but so far it's been perfect - the fpv is particularly good due to its raw power. It's a funny size though, and doesn't fit nicely in a sunshade.

Hi Wacker2611
I did look at the Nexus 7 but wasnt to sure about it as it doesnt have Cellular, some guys are saying the doesnt matter to much but some fetures of the Phantom will not work which put me off a bit.

Alan

I'd thoroughly recommend it. I would have kept it if my lovely wife hadn't dropped it on the kitchen floor. Lack of cellular is a bit of a non issue really. The only thing you can't do out in the field is load maps live, but I just cache them before I leave or a tethered phone also works really well for loading maps in situ.

I'd thoroughly recommend it. I would have kept it if my lovely wife hadn't dropped it on the kitchen floor. Lack of cellular is a bit of a non issue really. The only thing you can't do out in the field is load maps live, but I just cache them before I leave or a tethered phone also works really well for loading maps in situ.
The shield is better though, but not a country mile away.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94