Nvidea and DJI Go 4 - not Connecting

Reaction score
Hi All
After a couple of years of relatively hassel free flying with my P4 and NVidea (Shield K1 - Android 6.0.1) combo, yesterday they just refused to talk to each other. No matter what combination of start up sequences, the display stubbornly shows "disconnected". No issues with conectivity between RC and drone. Changed cable nothing. Updated to the DJI Go 4 app which loaded without problem but still "disconnected" reigns.
In deperation I loaded the DJI Go 4 app onto my iPhone 6s and with a bit of plugging and unplugging of the cable, got it all working fine. But this leaves me with only 30% of the screen real estate I'm used to using and a tablet that appears to be obsolete. Do any of you smart ladies and gentleman out there have a work around for this or will I need to upgrade my tablet?
Thank you!

Hi All
After a couple of years of relatively hassel free flying with my P4 and NVidea (Shield K1 - Android 6.0.1) combo, yesterday they just refused to talk to each other. No matter what combination of start up sequences, the display stubbornly shows "disconnected". No issues with conectivity between RC and drone. Changed cable nothing. Updated to the DJI Go 4 app which loaded without problem but still "disconnected" reigns.
In deperation I loaded the DJI Go 4 app onto my iPhone 6s and with a bit of plugging and unplugging of the cable, got it all working fine. But this leaves me with only 30% of the screen real estate I'm used to using and a tablet that appears to be obsolete. Do any of you smart ladies and gentleman out there have a work around for this or will I need to upgrade my tablet?
Thank you!

Ive got the Nvidia K1 and it works fine for the GO and GO4 app as well as Litchi, i notice you say yours is Android 6, mine is on 7, is there an update for it ?, I would also suggest setting the tablet back to factory settings as this can also help.

Oh and setup USB debugging

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Thanks so much for the ideas above. I was able to update to Android 7 without issues and also reverted back to factory settings. Still won't connect tho. I've tried to find instruction on how to enable usb debugging and set that up as you suggest, but all online stuff appears to be directed at gamers or TV watchers who seem to have a different "settings" menu than mine. I've searched in settings and can find no clue on how to access "developers mode" or usb debugging. Can you help with as my brain is beginning to hurt! Thanks again!

Finally discovered how to set up usb debugging, probably would have been no challenge at all for your average 10 year old! So yes, debugging on, android updated and tablet returned to factory settings, but unfortunately, no joy. DJI Go app still stubbornly showing "disconnected". The only thing that I can think of that I haven't done is update my birds firmware. In all honesty this scares me because of the horror stories I've read here and elsewhere regarding drones that have been turned into doorstops after this procedure and therefore I've never updated since new over two years ago. (Being a lifelong subsciber to the philosophy of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!", I've been consistantly ignoring the "update your firmware" commands.)
But as I said my setup has been operating without issue since purchase and this current disconnected problem began only a few days go. So if you or anyone else has even a hint of a solution I'd be most please to hear about it. Thank you once more.

Finally discovered how to set up usb debugging, probably would have been no challenge at all for your average 10 year old! So yes, debugging on, android updated and tablet returned to factory settings, but unfortunately, no joy. DJI Go app still stubbornly showing "disconnected". The only thing that I can think of that I haven't done is update my birds firmware. In all honesty this scares me because of the horror stories I've read here and elsewhere regarding drones that have been turned into doorstops after this procedure and therefore I've never updated since new over two years ago. (Being a lifelong subsciber to the philosophy of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!", I've been consistantly ignoring the "update your firmware" commands.)
But as I said my setup has been operating without issue since purchase and this current disconnected problem began only a few days go. So if you or anyone else has even a hint of a solution I'd be most please to hear about it. Thank you once more.

gonna ask, have you tried another phone and cable to make sure it does connect ok

"In deperation I loaded the DJI Go 4 app onto my iPhone 6s and with a bit of plugging and unplugging of the cable, got it all working fine. "
So yes, perfect connectivity between my iphone and the drone. Very puzzling. Even downloaded an earlier version of the app, but for some reason it only supported drones up to P3 Pro?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4