NTSB Investigates Heli Crash Site in Calabasas with P4P

A TFR is in effect from 26 Jan to 31 Jan. It replaced a NOTAM. Presumably the NTSB got a waiver to fly.

I think it’s the P4 Advanced or maybe the standard.

I'm surprised they use a Phantom.
I thought US administrations may not use that Chinese product anymore.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
This must be some edited movie, don't think they would have filmed the drone, and some of the shots seem to have been taken from ground. Don't think they would have added music either. IMHO

This must be some edited movie, don't think they would have filmed the drone, and some of the shots seem to have been taken from ground. Don't think they would have added music either. IMHO

That's a PROMO video for the NTSB (sort of). Many departments are putting them together to help highlight the positive ways their Depts are using new Technology to save time, $$, and in some cases lives.

Straight from the description on that video:

"January 27, 2020: NTSB B-Roll of investigators documenting the accident site of the 1/26/2020 helicopter crash in Calabasas, CA. "

Always invest wisely. No compromise.

Attachments

• the-bitterness-of-poor-quality-remains-long-after-the-sweetness-3.png
    the-bitterness-of-poor-quality-remains-long-after-the-sweetness-3.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 189
I think it was the Dep't of the interior that announced they were not using DJI any longer.
That is correct except I think they have indefinitely suspended those operations not that they will totally discontinue using them. And I think they said they have used them in extreme emergencies.

Reactions: JeffreyS
The March 2020 issue of 'Rotor Drone' magazine contained an article about the NTSB's use of drones in crash investigations.
Specifically, it referred to the use of a P4P being used by the NTSB in the aftermath of a B-17 warbird crash just about a year ago at Bradley Airport in Connecticut.

An NTSB investigator told the magazine that drones have been assisting the agency in crash investigations since 2017.

The P4P is the preferred aircraft due to its stability and excellent image quality.

According to the article, drones are now considered a vital component in NTSB crash investigations.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers