Nothern Virginia

Reaction score
I just purchased a Phantom 3 Standard and live within the 5 mile radius of IAD. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to fly in Northern VA or farther out?

I just purchased a Phantom 3 Standard and live within the 5 mile radius of IAD. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to fly in Northern VA or farther out?

Depending on 'how close' you are to Dulles is the issue too. Can't hurt to contact them and see what they say.

IAD Dulles Tower Phone 703-661-0895
" " " Fax. 571-323-6407

Just be sure to ask them if they are busy FIRST before you start a lengthy conversation. I've found most tower personnel are a friendly bunch, but they do have bad days like the rest of us. Common courtesy goes a long way. Explain what you want to do and where, making a point to tell them your maximum altitude during your flight.

As long as we all play nice together, there shouldn't be any issues sharing the sky.

Good luck--Fly Safe!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I am also right on the edge of the 5 mile area but there are plenty of places to fly.
Depending on where you are located you can go to Algonkian Park or Baron Cameron Park. These are outside of the 5 mile radius.

5 mile radius Dulles.jpg

I just looked up rules for county parks and just realized that we are not allowed to fly in State or County parks. This sucks. I can't believe how restrictive things are becoming.

What's the point. If we can only fly in fields with cows no where near civilization why own a drone. @:$;@/

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Mel Dilley
State and county follow FAA regulations unless it's a federal park just check the B4UFly app and give it a go!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: rfaaj

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20