Not sure what's going on

Reaction score
Phantom 3 Standard. Downloaded the Litchi app. Took some time to get my phone to connect to it (Galaxy S7). I can get it to connect faster by opening DJI Go initially, connecting, exiting, then loading Litchi. Now, my first WP mission went well. Not a great distance but getting the hang of Litchi. 2nd mission was a bit longer and I experienced my first disconnection with Litchi. My heart about stopped. Reconnected after 2 minutes (seemed like eternity) and all was good. Retrieved the recorded video from the SD card and I was amazed. So I made another mission trying to fine tune this previous one to get a feel of how the camera works while flying missions and looking at POI. First time I flew this mission the RC disconnected for about 5 minutes. I got worried and started walking to close the gap between me and the Phantom. Look up and here she comes. RC never reconnected until I switched it off and back on. Is this normal? Took out the SD card and there was no video at all. Bummer. I know for a fact I hit record. The chic even told me recording started. So I swapped out the SD card and decided to fly the same mission again. Disconnected for a lot less time this time by walking toward where the Phantom had already flown (I didn't want to be on camera). This flight went off without a hitch. Disconnected a couple times for a few seconds but RC reconnected fine. She landed great. All went well. Checked SD card and...... NO VIDEO! What the crap! The app said I was recording. I haven't tried the auto record function. I simply hit record before I reached my 1st WP. Is this the issue? Should I leave it on auto record and just trim out the parts of the video I don't want? Anyone have any ideas? Sorry so long winded. Just wanted to give as much info as possible.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Lets take a stab at this. If you started recording manually and got a disconnect, at approximately the same time, if I am not mistaken it will stop recording. If however, in your mission plan you have your plan set to straight lines, you can set the "recording" action there at your first waypoint. Being that all the mission is stored on the AC itself, it should record and not stop ( unless you program it to) until the last waypoint and action are complete.

Lets take a stab at this. If you started recording manually and got a disconnect, at approximately the same time, if I am not mistaken it will stop recording. If however, in your mission plan you have your plan set to straight lines, you can set the "recording" action there at your first waypoint. Being that all the mission is stored on the AC itself, it should record and not stop ( unless you program it to) until the last waypoint and action are complete.
I could try straight line flight but I really like how fluid the movement is with curved lines. My disconnect didn't happen until 3:08 in to the mission after I started recording. Probably should have included this. Guess I'll be plotting a small loop near my home to test.

Try starting the recording either at takeoff or soon after you get it in the air, don't wait until it's too far out.
Or, simply start recording before you hit play/start mission. Then edit it later.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers