Not impressed with Polarpro business practices.

Reaction score
Tell me what you guys think about this.

This is the email I got on June 5th.

"Your order has been updated to the following status:
Complete

To view your order click on the link below:
xxxxxxxx

The comments for your order are:

USPS Tracking- xxxxxxxx

Please reply to this email if you have any questions."

When you checked the tracking number it indicated that the package had been picked up and shipped by 2 day priority mail.

A full week later I still had not received the package so I emailed them telling them I had not gotten it yet.

This was their reply.

"Hello Jay,

Due to the extremely high demand for the Phantom 3 three-packs we were backordered until our next shipment arrived. Fortunately, we received a shipment in today and your order has been packed up and shipped. Your tracking number will show movement by days end. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Regards,
Dan"

I dont know about you but I consider it very poor business practice to send a false email saying my product had shipped when it had not and then not email telling me the product was backordered. I feel like I was deceived to insure that I did not cancel my order.

What do you guys think?

Reactions: DeadWood
I'm waiting too for some info from them.. Not yet shipped until today, since 6 of June.

Had the exact same issue, got the same response. Checked last night and it says that it shipped and is expected this Monday.

I got the email from them last night but when I check on the tracking number I get:

Screen Shot 2015-06-13 at 10.04.35 AM.jpg

I'm assuming that eventually this will show something. I understand that they were backordered, but it seems to be common practice to actually ship the item when sending an email to say that the item was shipped.

When I ordered on 6/8 their website said that they were in stock. That's actually why I ordered directly from them rather than taking the cheaper price on Amazon.

Hopefully the set will come soon. If I were doing it again, I'd likely order directly from Amazon.

Chris

Yeah - sounds like they are sending tracking info to appease their customers... pretty shady... the only reason I can think of that they would print a shipping label before they are ready to send is to give people a false sense of progress.... bad form for sure

When you are operating out of your house and all you have is a web site, I suspect this is a common practice. I don't have an issue with it as long as I receive my purchase. Yes, they should be more upfront about what's going on, no argument there. And I'm in the same boat. Was wondering why my tracking was stuck on shipped for over a week in CA until today. Now says leaving CA and will arrive here on Monday. :)

Last edited:
Same boat here. Mine was just actually shipped yesterday. All they did was purchased the shipping label from the carrier when the order was placed. It's the same thing that happens with eBay orders. It appears as shipped, but it hasn't been picked up by the shipping company. I see this all the time and am willing to give them a pass that it's just their normal process vs anything shady. Of course, they should have updated their website to show back order....

I received via email right now the tracking number (DHL), but it is not valid. They are just preparing shipment...

When you are operating out of your house and all you have is a web site, I suspect this is a common practice. I don't have an issue with it as long as I receive my purchase. Yes, they should be more upfront about what's going on, no argument there. And I'm in the same boat. Was wondering why my tracking was stuck on shipped for over a week in CA until today. Now says leaving CA and will arrive here on Monday. :)

Even if they are running a business out of a garage they can be extra careful to be accurate about what they are telling customers. Telling them an item shipped, when it hasn't actually shipped, is lying. Saying it's in the process of shipping would be a better way to communicate it.

When I bought a P3P here from a local official distributor, they gave me trk number 2 weeks before they received goods from DJI ...:eek: Reeaaallllyyyyy smart guys !!!

I got the same bogus email with a fake shipping number. Checking the number for a couple days shows that it doesn't exist. What I find interesting is that they think they can repeatedly lie to customers and somehow get away with it, as though it's 1965, the internet doesn't exist, and they can just float by and not be affected. With dedicated forums targeted at their clientel, this is foolhardy at best. In the old paradigm, a disgruntled customer would statistically tell 10 people about a bad experience. With the internet and dedicated forums? Thousands, tens of thousands? Fairwell and adieu to you fine Spanish ladies..... (Jaws)

Dispatching (or despatching) is normally the trigger for payment. Taking your money before they get the stock sure helps their cash flow, but as a business practice I totally agree it is unacceptable.

Tell me what you guys think about this.

This is the email I got on June 5th.

"Your order has been updated to the following status:
Complete

To view your order click on the link below:
xxxxxxxx

The comments for your order are:

USPS Tracking- xxxxxxxx

Please reply to this email if you have any questions."

When you checked the tracking number it indicated that the package had been picked up and shipped by 2 day priority mail.

A full week later I still had not received the package so I emailed them telling them I had not gotten it yet.

This was their reply.

"Hello Jay,

Due to the extremely high demand for the Phantom 3 three-packs we were backordered until our next shipment arrived. Fortunately, we received a shipment in today and your order has been packed up and shipped. Your tracking number will show movement by days end. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Regards,
Dan"

I dont know about you but I consider it very poor business practice to send a false email saying my product had shipped when it had not and then not email telling me the product was backordered. I feel like I was deceived to insure that I did not cancel my order.

What do you guys think?
Agreed-- not good-- I assume this was Phantom 3 or accessories. The supply and demand issues have backed DJI and the dealers that sell their products in to a corner with no way out-- They don't want to lose the business, so they string everyone along hopping things will get better. A great product with no supply and no service.

I sent an order to Multicopter on 6/10 for P3 props and it was delivered this AM 6/13. They will get my next order.

Dispatching (or despatching) is normally the trigger for payment. Taking your money before they get the stock sure helps their cash flow, but as a business practice I totally agree it is unacceptable.

Happens on ebay quite a bit you get a note something is 'shipped' and it's 11pm so seem unlikely!.
Clearly it's an automated note indicating the order is accepted and is effectively ready to be posted/picked up next day
They may literally only have to stick a label on a prepacked item..
It's a bit naughty to stretch that to will be posted/picked up when they get restocked!
DJI do that too though. :rolleyes:

I got the same bogus email with a fake shipping number. Checking the number for a couple days shows that it doesn't exist. What I find interesting is that they think they can repeatedly lie to customers and somehow get away with it, as though it's 1965, the internet doesn't exist, and they can just float by and not be affected. With dedicated forums targeted at their clientel, this is foolhardy at best. In the old paradigm, a disgruntled customer would statistically tell 10 people about a bad experience. With the internet and dedicated forums? Thousands, tens of thousands? Fairwell and adieu to you fine Spanish ladies..... (Jaws)

Yeah, I plan to talk about on my show monday so i hope they like the free bad publicity

I cancelled my order and went with the gels from another supplier because of the non-shipping issue and my concerns with the additional weight. I'm not ready to add counter balance to the gimbal to compensate for the additional weight.

Reactions: passive jay

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31