Not getting GPS lock

Reaction score
After a real hard crash I can't get gps lock. What should I be looking for? What I am getting on power up is flashing green then red several times and then finally several.....about 10 green flashes.....followed by the alternating green and red lights again, when usually I get just green.....meaning lock.

Open up the quad,
remove the grey shield from the top shell,
remove the GPS module/PCB and examine the square patch antenna for cracks.

Cracks = no good.

Depending on your skills you can replace the antenna with info on this site as to part numbers, sources, and procedures.

You can also find a person on here to replace it for you or you can buy a new GPS module/PCB.

Open up the quad,

Cracks = no good.

Depending on your skills you can replace the antenna with info on this site as to part numbers, sources, and procedures.

You can also find a person on here to replace it for you or you can buy a new GPS module/PCB.

I think you hit the nail on the head, so to speak, N017RW.

Are you talking about the piece that can be purchased for around $10?
Haven't I read of a lot of folks pay big bucks buying more than they need when that piece cracks?

I think you hit the nail on the head, so to speak, N017RW.

Are you talking about the piece that can be purchased for around $10?
Haven't I read of a lot of folks pay big bucks buying more than they need when that piece cracks?

Yes. The patch antenna is not expensive.

Replacement can be tricky because of the components near the antenna's pin. These small surface-mount parts can become dislodged due to the [excessive] heat some have applied in the removal process.

Reactions: IflyinWY
Open up the quad,

Cracks = no good.

Yes the antenna patch was cracked. Already removed it and ordered replacement from digikey. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Part and shipping was 9.00 dollars. Will post results next week.

**** it, I missed by a buck.

**** it, I missed by a buck.
crying-fountain.gif

Reactions: dirkclod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues