Noob update question/s

Reaction score
OK so I just got the P3 advanced and noticed my iPad with the go software is telling me to update the firmware. I looked on YouTube and saw some videos they give advice on how to do this. I did the drone first downloading the latest software from the manufacturers website and put it on the little micro SD card and installed it into the drone itself and went through the installation process. The YouTube video told me to use the same software and just put it on a flash drive and then plug it in to the back of the controller turn it on and it will start updating. Well the controller ignored this and did nothing. So then I found another YouTube video that says no the controller must be downloaded through the go software which I did and it worked. So is this correct did I do it right? I noticed that the version number of the firmware for the controller was different from the firmware number for the aircraft itself. Lastly, when the Go software tells me my firmware is outdated are they talking about the controller or are they talking about the copter? I'm figuring since I updated the firmware on the controller through the Go that it's just referring to the controller. Any thoughts or additions to this would be great to hear.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You're correct that the controller has to be updated with the app, not via a card. The version numbers for controller/P3 are not meant to be the same....you can check which version of each you have by going into the "About" section of the app on the "General Settings" page.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20