Noob - Can't connect with Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Pro

Reaction score
First, thanks in advance for any help. Grabbed a Phantom 3 Pro and first tried to get it to work with an iPhone5. Realized that wasn't any good, looked around on line and saw a tip that the Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Pro was a good idea. It has Android 4.4.2 is on it but I can't get the connection to happen.

Spent the last few hours reading about numerous problems with video locking up, devices over heating or impossible to see in sun glare (which is probably the case for the tab I bought).

What's the best sure fire stable device to use with a PP3 ?

Thanks again

Are you going into the phone or tablets wifi and telling it to connect to the Phantom Sid and getting a connected on screen? Check the following for
Camera trouble shooting
Please try the following steps:
• Ensure you have upgraded all DJI products to their latest firmware. Check updated, plus the camera firmware
• Ensure you are connected to the wifi phantom-xxxx SID
. Check bluetooth be sure it is off
• Ensure your phone has been updated to the latest software.
• Ensure you have closed all other multi-tasking applications.
• Check the free space on your mobile device, it is recommend having at least 3GB available, less storage could be causing an issue.
• Try deleting the app from your phone and downloading it again.
• Reduce the preview framerate from 30 fps to 15 fps in the Settings of the DJI Vision app.
Check your wifi battery level. Now see if you get good video.

Roy,

Thank you for stepping up to help.

I am in the initial steps where I can't even connect the tablet to the camera.

This is where you turn on the controller, turn on the battery on the quad then connect the cable to the tablet.

I am seeing a lot of people having problems with a software change made in the last few days so I have no way of knowing if this is the culprit of if it is something I am doing wrong.

I am going back to Beast Buy this am and trading the 10.1 pro for the Galaxy Tab 8 4

If that doesn't work I'm taking the quad back to retailer.

Now have Galaxy Tab S 8.4 which many other users have. I follow the directions to get it to connect and nothing happens when I hit "equipment" option on tablet using the DJI Go software that is currently on the web.

When I get things loading, I'm not seeing anything in the WiFi that says phantom. I have a p3a.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl