"Noise" in video and still images (pic)

Reaction score
I feel like I've gone through every setting in the app 500 times. It must be something else...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!

Attachments

• DJI_0002.JPG
    DJI_0002.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 700
The other strange thing is that while in Camera mode the iPad screen shows no noise, only while in Video mode. The pics have the same noise though when I get take them off the card. hmm

The other strange thing is that while in Camera mode the iPad screen shows no noise, only while in Video mode. The pics have the same noise though when I get take them off the card. hmm
What kind of monitor are you playing the video on and what is the app you are playing it in?

Just sliding the camera mode from PHOTO to VIDEO make the noise appear on the live display?
Was it present from the first flight or it appear after a firmware upgrade, a crash?
Do you have the noise in the recorded video on the SD too?

There is great chance that it is not a camera hardware issue.
The bad news is that it is most probably a firmware or settings issue.

I would first try to take a picture in raw/jpg mode and see if the noise is present in both case and report both pictures. In your jpg the noise is bigger than a pixel because of jpg compression and it is hard to see how the noise look.
Finally if nothing come out or in the mean time:
- Downgrade and upgrade again the firmware (after fresh download, card formatting etc...)
- Full default of settings after downgrade and upgrade.

Same story. :/

Went back to the 1.3.2 firmware, same image noise.
Fresh install to 1.4.1, and it's still there. darn.

Interesting log shows that it successfully updated, but then tried again after and had an abort. I'm not sure I understand that.

Anyway, looks like need to send the whole bird in to have it looked at. Thanks for help, guys.

SJ

========== 2015.09.20 13:44:27 =====================
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.04.0010.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

========== 2015.09.20 13:52:01 =====================
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.04.0010.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

Reactions: With The Birds
Interesting log shows that it successfully updated, but then tried again after and had an abort. I'm not sure I understand that.
The "abort" just means the FW is already the latest...

Send the bird back.

Too high ISO. I manually try to ensure my settings never get higher than 800, preferably no higher than 400.

Even the best digital cameras don't turn out great quality above 800, even if they are capable of going really high.

Good photography is a balance between desired depth of field, exposure and picture quality due to f-stop, shutter speed and ISO.

Wow, I see spots before my eyes, first impression was to clean my glasses.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl