noflydrones.co.uk (UK centric)

Reaction score
I'm off on holiday next week to Cornwall, and I knew that at least one of the areas I want to fly in is within the ATZ of a local airfield. Whilst searching for the proper CAA plates, I found this:

http://noflydrones.co.uk/

It's very useful. I've sent an email to the people who run the airfield, asking their permission to fly nearby - although the risks are minimal as the airfield is 300ft above sea level and I'll be flying on a beach, I still thought it would be best to ask. I wouldn't want to cause any upset, and If I ever resume my PPL training I wouldn't want any beef with the CAA!

The round blue areas on the map indicate Aerodrome Traffic Zones, they surround smaller airports and aerodromes that do not have additional controlled airspace. Other areas of blue identify Controlled Airspace. If you are operating a drone above 7kg you must not fly in these areas without prior permission from the air traffic service provider controlling that airspace.If you are under 7kg, it is still strongly advised to notify the air traffic service provider of your activity.

Reactions: HunterSK
This is great. Thanks. We may be in Scotland in July this will help.

Reactions: cjmwales

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.