No Wifi Need Help

Reaction score
Ok, went to fly yesterday and couldn't get a wifi signal. When I turn on the extender, (which was fully charged), the power light comes on, then a short flash of the system light, and then nothing. Power cycled it a few time, and also tried to re-bind. Did all this while the Phantom was on. Also did this with the Phantom off, same results. Could it be anything other than a bad wifi extender? Thanks.

Re: No Wifi

Yes if there is wifi interference around you. I can connect no problem inside my house but if I walk ouside, the wifi disappears and disconnects!!! If I go to a local park about a mile away I can fly to 2000 feet with full fpv no problem. Something in my neighborhood kills my phantom wifi.

Have u tried other locations? Have to ask.

Fritz said:
Ok, went to fly yesterday and couldn't get a wifi signal. When I turn on the extender, (which was fully charged), the power light comes on, then a short flash of the system light, and then nothing. Power cycled it a few time, and also tried to re-bind. Did all this while the Phantom was on. Also did this with the Phantom off, same results. Could it be anything other than a bad wifi extender? Thanks.

To be clear, have you tried simply rebooting the phantom when the problem occurs?
I have seen this once with mine but rebooted it and connection was normal.

Yes, I have tried everything I could think of. The extender system light does not flash at all. I read that other extenders have failed. What is the failure mode of the extender? It would seem that either the extender is dead, or the wifi on the Phantom is dead. Any other way of testing before I send it back?

Onezerosix141 said:
Dude, I TOTALLY misread your issue. >_<

Ok, thanks for trying. Anyone else have an opinion. Issue is that wifi extender system light does not show any flashing activity.

If it's not showing flashing light, I bet main board of extender is the issue. I would pop it open and check. But that may avoid the warranty

As some of you may have read, I was having a problem with my wifi extender. Yesterday I called my dealer, US Hobby in Las Vegas, and had a good discussion with a technician named Mike. He agreed that the extender was probably dead, and shipped me a new one. USPS tracking says it should arrive tomorrow and I will post an update. I shipped my defective unit back. So far, I am quite pleased with customer service at US Hobby.

I am pleased to report that I received my new wifi extender today from US Hobby. The re-binding process was simple, and I also installed the 3.06 software. Had a short flight tonight, and I like the battery gauge bar.

Fritz said:
I am pleased to report that I received my new wifi extender today from US Hobby. The re-binding process was simple, and I also installed the 3.06 software. Had a short flight tonight, and I like the battery gauge bar.

Awesome ^_^

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl