No Video

Reaction score
I'm posting this not to look like a DORK, but to hopefully help others.

After driving nearly two hours to my brothers' cottage and getting the Phantom 4 Pro all ready for flight. You know, the usual very thorough pre-flight checklist, checking all screws to see they were all there, making sure all the connections were good etc.

Ok, ready for take-off. Off she went, up over the trees and out over the lake about 40 yards from shore, all ready to snap some nice hi-res photos of the cottage for framing when I noticed that there was no video showing on the iPad Mini4's screen. Of course I fiddled with this, and I fiddled with that but not even a flicker of any video could be had.

So, I returned to home manually, landed, and then did another very thorough check-over of the entire machine and controller. Nothing, everything was perfect except still no video. Well, I really had to get those photos for my brother so I disconnected everything and put her in the case and put it back in my vehicle and took out the Mavic Pro. Boy, was I glad I'd brought that along, "just in case." I hooked everything up, took off, flew out over the lake a short distance and took the photos I wanted all along.

After arriving home I unloaded the vehicle and began putting things away when it suddenly dawned on me why there was no video on the P4P iPad's screen. I had completely forgotten to connect the iPad Mini 4 to the controller of the P4P with the appropriate cable. I felt like a complete DORK!! I sure was glad to have had my Mavic Pro along, "just in case."

So, if you ever get out to your next flying location and find that you have no video. Check the connection between the screen and the controller. You never know when you might be a DORK!!

I hope this little story might someday help one of you other pilots out there. Thanks for reading everybody.

Bud

Last edited:
I'm posting this not to look like a DORK, but to hopefully help others.

After driving nearly two hours to my brothers' cottage and getting the Phantom 4 Pro all ready for flight. You know, the usual very thorough pre-flight checklist, checking all screws to see they were all there, making sure all the connections were good etc.

Ok, ready for take-off. Off she went, up over the trees and out over the lake about 40 yards from shore, all ready to snap some nice hi-res photos of the cottage for framing when I noticed that there was no video showing on the iPad Mini4's screen. Of course I fiddled with this, and I fiddled with that but not even a flicker of any video could be had.

So, I returned to home manually, landed, and then did another very thorough check-over of the entire machine and controller. Nothing, everything was perfect except still no video. Well, I really had to get those photos for my brother so I disconnected everything and put her in the case and put it back in my vehicle and took out the Mavic Pro. Boy, was I glad I'd brought that along, "just in case." I hooked everything up, took off, flew out over the lake a short distance and took the photos I wanted all along.

After arriving home I unloaded the vehicle and began putting things away when it suddenly dawned on me why there was no video on the P4P iPad's screen. I had completely forgotten to connect the iPad Mini 4 to the controller of the P4P with the appropriate cable. I felt like a complete DORK!! I sure was glad to have had my Mavic Pro along, "just in case."

So, if you ever get out to your next flying location and find that you have no video. Check the connection between the screen and the controller. You never know when you might be a DORK!!

I hope this little story might someday help one of you other pilots out there. Thanks for reading everybody.

Bud
Thanks for sharing. A great testimonial for bringing along a pre-flight check-list.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr