No video feed

Reaction score
Hello all, all the sudden I now have no video from the camera on my P3P. I also have “gimbal disconnected” alert in app. It worked fine a few days ago, now it’s not. I havnt done anything different, so I’m assuming this is a software glitch. Does anyone know what to do? This is beyond frustrating!

Hello all, all the sudden I now have no video from the camera on my P3P. I also have “gimbal disconnected” alert in app. It worked fine a few days ago, now it’s not. I havnt done anything different, so I’m assuming this is a software glitch.
It is possible that you may have a bad gimbal board. Consisitant with these errors. But I would try a few things first, and this would first depend on your device. What firmware are you running? What is the app version? Are you running IOS or Android ( and which release number). What firmware version are you running? Those would be my first questions.

It is possible that you may have a bad gimbal board. Consisitant with these errors. But I would try a few things first, and this would first depend on your device. What firmware are you running? What is the app version? Are you running IOS or Android ( and which release number). What firmware version are you running? Those would be my first questions.

I’m running the latest version of both on AC and RC. I’m running them on iOS. I also reinstalled DJI Go on my iPad mini last night and still having the same outcome. Does the gimbal board just go bad for no reason? It literally worked fine just a couple days ago, now, not at all. Thank you for your reply.

Are you getting any additional errors? I am not advocating this, nor advertising in any way, but what I might suggest is (and it is much cheaper than a gimbal board) although being it is slight financial risk. I might suggest, purchasing Litchi, just to verify that it is indeed a gimbal board issue. If Litchi shows the video feed, then you know that it is another issue, primarily with the GO app vs, your device. This is only a suggestion and at your complete discretion. Other than that, I am not familiar enough with IOS to offer anything for you. I have used it, but found it too tedious for what I need. Primary, no direct interface. All through Itunes, which stinks.

I will ask one more question before you try that, if you do. Does you lack of video feed, include or disclude telemetry information? If you have one but not the other, it is most likely an AC issue with the gimbal board. These are transmitted together, but could be either or both. So for the average user it is a crap shoot so to speak.

I have telemetry, I tried Litchi, unfortunately that didn’t work either. Looks like I’ll be purchasing a gimbal board then selling this piece of junk. I’ve babied this thing since day one and now to have it break for no reason is ridiculous.

I’ve babied this thing since day one and now to have it break for no reason is ridiculous.
As have I, but hardware and/or software failures can occur at any time. Drive your brand new automobile, past the warranty period, and develop an issue afterwards. It is not common, but does happen from time to time. Understand the frustration, but give it a bit more time before doing anything else. Check back here in a day or so, and you may have other suggestion's.

I had the same issue about a year n a half ago. Talked to DJI, they looked at my uploaded flight stats and said it would have to be sent to their repair facility in California and yep no warranty. I live in Canada so the cost for me was around $400! OUCH. Drone was gone for about 3 weeks. Nice to have it working properly again tho.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl