No signal prompt. Full bars

Find a nice to place to hover and DO NOT TURN OFF CONTROLLER. RTH will be triggered if you turn off controller.

2 things you can try.
1. Back out of the flight screen to the main page and go back in.
2. Or unplug the USB cable and wait 2/3 secs and plug back in.

It uses 2.4 for both control and video... It does not use 5.8ghz.

I would try another cable, a high quality cable. Make sure the fit is tight to the TX.
Dji Phantom uses both bands 2.4 and 5.8 Ghz. Most of meteorological radars use those bands too.
If you have full bars and no signal in your control, then probably there are some interference received by receptor but not decoded by logical circuit. That interference should be strong enough avoiding drone or RC coded link.

Last edited:
Dji Phantom uses both bands 2.4 and 5.8 Ghz. Most of meteorological radars use those bands too.
If you have full bars and no signal in your control, then probably there are some interference received by receptor but not decoded by logical circuit. That interference should be strong enough avoiding drone or RC coded link.

Nah...
You may be right if you are referring to the P2 series - P2 systems uses both. Vision series uses 5.8 controls and 2.4 wifi FPV. P2 Non series uses vice versa bandwidths.

P3 however is a completely different monster. It uses 2.4ghz Lightbridge patented tech. The stream is up/down and combines both control/telemetry/fpv data.

You are right. Phantom 3 uses 2.4Ghz only. But 2.4 Ghz is used also by radar S Band (2-4 Ghz) in commercial aircrafts systems, like meteo.
Anyway, I am not an expert, just experienced every time the signal bars were full and I had a lost signal warning, an airplane was pointing its nose toward my link...

Since this has happened to me some times in different flight environments, urban, suburban and rural, my guess is that it is a bug of the android app and/or RC firmware. So it's up to dji to fix this.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj