No signal issue

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I just got my new phantom 3 professional last week and I've been encountering some glitches/issues/problems since I've started flying.
When I got the phantom last week I immediately updated the firmware to v1.2.6 on both the phantom and the controller. I also downloaded the newest pilot app (v1.2.0).

My first flight was pretty uneventful (just went straight up and down a couple times) but I had the green "safe to fly" box and everything seemed to be working as well as it could.

After a couple days of rain I got my phantom back out and went to fly. I powered on my phantom, controller, and the app. I got the red "no signal" box in the middle top of the app and it would not go away. I tried recalibrating, moving, and recalibrating again. The no signal box would not go away. I still can see the image from the camera, move the camera, and even fly the phantom. But the no signal box will not turn green.

After a couple of days of testing, my app suddenly shut down when I was flying, I opened it back up and when it came back on, the box was green and it said safe to fly.

Now whenever (I've only flown once since learning this) I close the app and reopen during my initial hover it will change from no signal to safe to fly. I'm using a samsung note 4 as my screen. I'm just wondering if this seems fairly normal? Tech support said to try and uninstall and reinstall the firmware and pilot app. I did both, the firmware is up to date and I have a new version of the app. After reinstalling the app, during my following flight the app said that the home point was recorded (which it had not been doing), so that seems to be a step in the right direction. Support said that if my steps did not work I may have to exchange my unit for another.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! This is my first professional arial imaging platform (bought a $50 quad copter to learn how to fly with) and my first phantom so I'm pretty new.

I know that was a long post, but thanks a ton!

A bunch of us including myself have these issues in android.. Waiting for the next update to hopefully fix this.

Was the note listed in the tested devices?

The note 3 was on the "compatible devices" list on the phantom 3 FAQ page, but the note 4 was not

You can search in the forums. A lot of members have reported this. Usually replugging the cord, app, or tx/bird fixes it

I downloaded the app from the dji website. I watched a couple videos that said the play store was not updated.

Reactions: happydays
Okay, so an update. Just used my girlfriend's iPhone 6plus. Connected it, made sure the pilot app was updated, fired on the RC, phantom and app. Worked like a charm!!! The box in the top middle was always the green "safe to fly" box. Even before I did the compass calibration. I believe I found that my issue lies within the note 4 rather than the phantom.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers