No Recording Capabilities

Reaction score
Hey Gang,

Please forgive a n00b if this has been discussed already, but I assure you I used every ounce of Google-fu I have and came up with nothing. I have been reading this sight for over five hours now, and still can't figure out what I need to do here.

I turn the system on and get the regular warm up. The camera light blinks green then turns off, system ready to go. I have full video capabilities to see where I'm flying, I can fly, everything on the girl works like a top until I try to record. In the DJI app on my iPhone 6+ I try to toggle the slider to the left for video. The video goes black, but all other information is still there. After a few seconds the camera light will blink rapidly the same as it does on startup. The light then shuts off, the bird beeps three times, D.D...D, the slider moves back to the camera position, and then the video is restored with no recording/photo ability.

I have never been able to record. I have had it for about three weeks now, and mostly just practiced maneuvering it around the park. This weekend I decided to record the block party + fireworks, and wasted the better half of my freaking night trying to get the thing to record. The P3 has the latest firmware, and all software has the latest update.

Again, I'm sorry if this has been hashed out a thousand times. If it has, just point the way to the thread, and flame away.

Thanks!

A
Hey Gang,

Please forgive a n00b if this has been discussed already, but I assure you I used every ounce of Google-fu I have and came up with nothing. I have been reading this sight for over five hours now, and still can't figure out what I need to do here.

I turn the system on and get the regular warm up. The camera light blinks green then turns off, system ready to go. I have full video capabilities to see where I'm flying, I can fly, everything on the girl works like a top until I try to record. In the DJI app on my iPhone 6+ I try to toggle the slider to the left for video. The video goes black, but all other information is still there. After a few seconds the camera light will blink rapidly the same as it does on startup. The light then shuts off, the bird beeps three times, D.D...D, the slider moves back to the camera position, and then the video is restored with no recording/photo ability.

I have never been able to record. I have had it for about three weeks now, and mostly just practiced maneuvering it around the park. This weekend I decided to record the block party + fireworks, and wasted the better half of my freaking night trying to get the thing to record. The P3 has the latest firmware, and all software has the latest update.

Again, I'm sorry if this has been hashed out a thousand times. If it has, just point the way to the thread, and flame away.

Thanks!
are you using the card that came with it. Have you formatted it through the pilot app. Can you see the card when you plug the phantom in via a USB cable to the gimbal connector?

I have formatted the card via the app. I even tried two different cards from my go pros.

When I plugs the P3 into my computer just now it is acting like it did when it was updating the firmware. I do not see it as a drive on my system, and the bird is beeping and blinking yellow.

Ok, after the system has been plugged in for a few minutes the drive is now visible with only the empty DCIM file. The P3 is still acting like it's in a firmware update. I'm a bit worried I will run out of power before it is done with whatever it's doing.

I have formatted the card via the app. I even tried two different cards from my go pros.

When I plugs the P3 into my computer just now it is acting like it did when it was updating the firmware. I do not see it as a drive on my system, and the bird is beeping and blinking yellow.
Just to be sure you are plugging into the connector on the gimbal, not the front of the P3.

Did you press the video record button on the top left of your controller? You mentioned everything else you did, but not that.

Thanks, I'll look into it. One weird thing was when I went to update the firmware the SD card from the factory was jammed into the slot so hard I had to use tweezers to get it out. It's weird that I can see it, and format it when it's in the P3 though.

I might end up having to send it in I think.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.