No picture, no telemetry on cell phone app. wifi module?

Reaction score
No picture and no telemetry on cell phone app. Also I can not control the camera from the app and the light on the front of the camera is yellow. I can however turn the camera down with the X-1 switch. It does show battery info on the bird and on the wifi repeated.

Could the problem be a faulty wifi module?

any insight on this would be much appreciated.

Thank-You

Last edited:
I've never heard of this, you might try to make sure all your cables on the camera are plugged in properly. There are 3. And make sure all the cable pins are in good shape. Have you done a ping test on your phantom? This will tell you if it's your Wi-Fi module or something else. Good luck.

How to diagnose broken DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Wi-Fi FPV module:
1. turn on vision+, extender, smartphone, dji vision app, see blank live video screen
2. using notebook/pc connect to Wi-Fi network "Phantom_xxxxx"
3. ping 192.168.1.2
If ping succesfull, your wifi-extender is alive and can connect to Phantom's Wi-Fi (binding is ok).
4. ping 192.168.1.1
If ping succesfull, TOP PCB board of Wi-Fi FPV module is alive
5. ping 192.168.1.10
If ping succesfull, BOTTOM PCB BOARD of WI-Fi FPV module is alive.
If ping fails - bottom PCB board (marked WM301_DM368) is broken

I've never heard of this, you might try to make sure all your cables on the camera are plugged in properly. There are 3. And make sure all the cable pins are in good shape. Have you done a ping test on your phantom? This will tell you if it's your Wi-Fi module or something else. Good luck.

How to diagnose broken DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Wi-Fi FPV module:
1. turn on vision+, extender, smartphone, dji vision app, see blank live video screen
2. using notebook/pc connect to Wi-Fi network "Phantom_xxxxx"
3. ping 192.168.1.2
If ping succesfull, your wifi-extender is alive and can connect to Phantom's Wi-Fi (binding is ok).
4. ping 192.168.1.1
If ping succesfull, TOP PCB board of Wi-Fi FPV module is alive
5. ping 192.168.1.10
If ping succesfull, BOTTOM PCB BOARD of WI-Fi FPV module is alive.
If ping fails - bottom PCB board (marked WM301_DM368) is broken

Thank You

192.168.1.10 failed, how hard is it to replace the bottom PCB board ?
Hi you can no longer get replacement new only second hand modules. You need to flash the board to fix it, follow the instructions posted for flash or send it to someone who can do the flash for you. I sent mine to another forum user, am sure there are a few people offering flash repair service via post.

192.168.1.10 failed, how hard is it to replace the bottom PCB board ?
I don't know of anyone that does that. I purchased a new Wi-Fi module for mine. There are videos on how to heat sink the Wi-Fi module, but that's before it goes bad. This seems to be a common occurrence in the phantom 2. You can find them on eBay for $150-$200. You might want to just upgrade to a phantom three or four.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel