No image transmission signal

Reaction score
Hello, usually if I fly my phantom 3 standard out of range and it loses signal it will begin RTH and then reconnect to the controller and live video feed will return once it’s back in range as normal.
However I have found several times that the controller will reconnect but not the image transmission it just says ‘no image transmission signal’ and doesn’t return until I land the drone and restart it. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
Thanks

However I have found several times that the controller will reconnect but not the image transmission it just says ‘no image transmission signal’ and doesn’t return until I land the drone and restart it.

No. RTH is initiated shortly after you lose the control signal, not the video signal. Your video signal may or may not restablish itself but, loss of video signal does not initiate RTH.

Hello, usually if I fly my phantom 3 standard out of range and it loses signal it will begin RTH and then reconnect to the controller and live video feed will return once it’s back in range as normal.
However I have found several times that the controller will reconnect but not the image transmission it just says ‘no image transmission signal’ and doesn’t return until I land the drone and restart it. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
Thanks

I've had this before, and the only fix that I found was rebooting the drone. I tried waiting 3 minutes, closing DJI Go and opening it, and restarting the phone (this was after I landed the drone, of course) and there was not a thing I could do while the drone was in the air or that was risky (such as shutting off the controller). Basically, signal an RTH and restart the drone.

@RowanP3,
Welcome to the forum
This topic comes up quite often, I have never seen a proven fix.

If you have not turned your remote off then your mobile should still be hooked to the remote, some cases your mobile drops of the remote and starts looking for other WiFi connections.

The Phantom RTH starts about 3 seconds of remote loss. So with that thought, when this happens and you know the Phantom is seeing the remote. If your power off your remote just for second, then that might make a reconnect both image and remote again.

With your image signal to the remote they are two channels, Image and telemetry.
Do you loose both, better question do neither come back?

Rod

Had the same problem with the dji go app , instead of having to land get the drone close and shut the app down and restart app to reconnect image , not a fix but a work around saves having to land and restart drone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31