No Image Transmission Signal

I went online today and chatted with DJI support. They asked the same questions as before and after convincing them it wasn't my device nor the USB cable, they actually worked with me for nearly an hour. I kept telling them the GO 4 app would launch with or without the AC and RC on or not but the GO app was a blank screen. The day before the app would launch but said my P3P was disconnected. I tried all the stuff...relinking and tried to re install firmware but no. Today she suggested I delete the GO app entirely and re download and re install. I did it and the app finally launched but with a red triangle with exclamation mark for the operation. I clicked it and was told the firmware for the controller needed updating. I had tried to update it with the SD card to no avail. Once updated it allowed me to link the controller and now I'm back in business. Thanks DJI support. I hope this helps someone.

Hey, I'm having the exact same problem that you were. What should I do. I've tried all of the simple solutions you mentioned like reformatting the SD card; none seem to work. Should I get on the phone with customer support like you did?
I think you should. It is worth a try. If you do I hope your saga goes more smoothly than mine.

Thanks for the information. I am a real novice and really don't understand your advice. I don't know how to determine what version of FW that I am on. I did find the version of DJI Go that I have on my ipad and iphone. Last night when I used the sequence of controller on, iPad on and drone on I got a good contact about 3 out of 4 tries. Today, using the same order, the contact always has "No image transmission signal" displayed and no picture on the iPad or iPhone of what the camera sees. All other operations such as video, stills and camera tilt input are normal, just no view of what the camera is seeing. The map seems normal. I just don't understand why so many users have the same problem, but there is no answer. This problem just started on its own and not associated with any upgrades or crashes. I have since upgrated to the new software, but the problem started before the upgrade. I appreciate your ideas for solving this problem.

I just bought a Phantom 3 4K and was having the same problem. I would turn it on and it would say "No image transmission signal." After playing with it for a little bit, I found that doing it in this order makes it work perfectly every time if you want to try it. I power on the controller and turn on the app, then I pull the sd card out of the drone first and then I power it on and connect the wifi. I get an image right away and once I see that it has the signal and I can see what the drone is seeing, I put the sd card in and it works perfect! I don't know if it's a solution for everyone but it works for me every time!

I have read online about many complaints of no transmission signal that go back a few years, but no answers. It is strange that this problem has been going on for a couple of years and no one apparently has found an answer to the problem. I hope I'm wrong, but I haven't seen any answers. I have reviewed all the answers here and on other sites and other than simple fixes such as reformatting the disk or removing or reinserting the disk, etc. I haven't found any answers to my problem. The camera works. I can take pictures and video when connected, but I can't see what the camera is seeing until I view what is on the disk after the flight. The camera tilt works. The P3S works and everything else seems to work except for the lack of an image on the phone. It did work twice for a short time when testing without props but I couldn't get it to work again. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks for reading.

Can you see the live feed from your phone or iPad when the drone is on with no sd card inserted?

I went online today and chatted with DJI support. They asked the same questions as before and after convincing them it wasn't my device nor the USB cable, they actually worked with me for nearly an hour. I kept telling them the GO 4 app would launch with or without the AC and RC on or not but the GO app was a blank screen. The day before the app would launch but said my P3P was disconnected. I tried all the stuff...relinking and tried to re install firmware but no. Today she suggested I delete the GO app entirely and re download and re install. I did it and the app finally launched but with a red triangle with exclamation mark for the operation. I clicked it and was told the firmware for the controller needed updating. I had tried to update it with the SD card to no avail. Once updated it allowed me to link the controller and now I'm back in business. Thanks DJI support. I hope this helps someone.
I was having the same "weak image transmission signal" issue as everyone else!
This started after the firmware upgrade I did end of June 2017
I am flying a P3 4K with a Samsung Tab A 7"
This solved my problem:
I reset my tablet to factory settings and downloaded the DJI GO app
I also formatted the SD card
When I powered up the drone, the issue was gone!

You may not have to reset your device to factory settings as did, simply uninstalling DJI GO app and re-installing may work.
For me it didn't (you may have to get rid of any cache which I didn't)
Regardless, I hope this helps!!

Thanks to a tip on this forum, here's how I fixed the no FPV problem with my P3P, which I've flown for two years without a hitch or crash until 2 weeks ago when I could NOT get a picture view on my iPhone 6. I simply pulled the SD card out of the P3P and reinserted it. Voilá! Magic!! Everything works perfectly again.

I should add that since acquiring my P3P, I have not (knowingly) upgraded its firmware, nor performed an IMU. I recalibrate its compass only when I take it more than about 200 miles away from home. Works for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72