No front lights or camera.

Reaction score
Since rebuilding the controller I now have no front indicator lights on the drone, plus the camera wont connect. Is there a reset I can perform to put things right. ?

I've seen similar posts from people looking for a factory reset. It doesn't exist.

The front lights can be controlled in the app. Look for the menu, upper right corner. I think it's under the Advanced settings.

Obviously this doesn't fix the camera.

Reactions: Harleydude and Oso
Does it link? Telemetry but no picture or no screen at all? Does camera still take pictures to card? Trying to confirm drone is fine but remote to blame. If remote, could be simple as bad cable or bad usb.

Reactions: Harleydude and Oso
More importantly were any parts left over ,,I did find this from quick search I had providing you have p3a or p3p......it metion remote have red light so I presume just relink it to the drone
Screenshot_20200728-175213_Chrome.jpg

I've seen similar posts from people looking for a factory reset. It doesn't exist.

The front lights can be controlled in the app. Look for the menu, upper right corner. I think it's under the Advanced settings.

Obviously this doesn't fix the camera.

Hi Larbear360, I have looked in advanced settings, and tried to return to default, but it says attempt failed.

No idea what the "Ignition" button is however, try resetting the RC and then re link to AC.

RESET:
Turn RC ON
Press and hold C1 & C2 buttons on the back of the RC, AND the SHUTTER button.
Keep them pressed and with another finger TURN OFF the RC
Keeping the buttons pressed, turn the RC back ON and then release the buttons.

Screenshot 2020-07-28 at 12.16.57.jpg

RE LINK:
TURN ON RC & AC
Press the LINK button - see picture above - the button will blink RED when ready to link.
Press C1 & C2 and RECORD button on RC - the RC will BEEP
Let go the buttons and press the WHEEL on the RH side of the controller.
The LH light of the controller will become BLUE and the controller will beep __ . . __ . . __ . . (D in morse code).
The RC will stop beeping and the Link light on the AC will turn GREEN if linking was successful.

Since rebuilding the controller I now have no front indicator lights on the drone, plus the camera wont connect. Is there a reset I can perform to put things right. ?

Did you have to disconnect and reconnect any ribbon cables, I'd recheck these and also the antenna IPX connectors as these can sometimes not be connected cleanly, they need to clip into place

No idea what the "Ignition" button is however, try resetting the RC and then re link to AC.

RESET:
Turn RC ON
Press and hold C1 & C2 buttons on the back of the RC, AND the SHUTTER button.
Keep them pressed and with another finger TURN OFF the RC
Keeping the buttons pressed, turn the RC back ON and then release the buttons.

View attachment 119547

RE LINK:
TURN ON RC & AC
Press the LINK button - see picture above - the button will blink RED when ready to link.
Press C1 & C2 and RECORD button on RC - the RC will BEEP
Let go the buttons and press the WHEEL on the RH side of the controller.
The LH light of the controller will become BLUE and the controller will beep __ . . __ . . __ . . (D in morse code).
The RC will stop beeping and the Link light on the AC will turn GREEN if linking was successful.

Had a go at this, finding it very difficult (Pains in fingers) It doesn't seem to work.
Did you have to disconnect and reconnect any ribbon cables, I'd recheck these and also the antenna IPX connectors as these can sometimes not be connected cleanly, they need to clip into place

I have checked all the ribbon cables and antenna connections, all fine.

Just a note to say Thank you to all who have helped with this problem. I think it will have to be looked at by a Dji technition, thank you Colin..

Got my Phantom 3 pro back today, all good again up to now. Front light's turned on via the Dji app Advance settings, it say's "Turn on arm's LED light" One question though, should they flash same as the back one's ?

Got my Phantom 3 pro back today, all good again up to now. Front light's turned on via the Dji app Advance settings, it say's "Turn on arm's LED light" One question though, should they flash same as the back one's ?
Back lights may flash differently. There is a complete guide to what they mean in the manual.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing