No fly

Reaction score
I had my first experience with the no fly zone today while traveling. I had planned to video a landmark bridge that is very close to a small county airport. I called the airport and got the okay if I could get it done in a 45 minute window while the crop dusters were on break. I couldn't even get the rotors to start, and couldn't sign in to my DJI account to try getting it released due to no wifi. This was pretty much a one time ?opportunity that I missed. What could I have done to make that flight? Using Litchi or dijgo 4

Since you say you "planned" this ....
You could have done the authorization beforehand when you were at home connected to WiFi.
You could have (potentially) connected your phone as a hotspot.

To clarify "planned", on a vacation trip with no firm schedule other than arriving on Friday, so I couldn't be too specific.
My phone will not let me use it as a hotspot. Had I been able to use a hotspot, is there a method available to open up that no- fly zone when I had verbal clearance from the airport?

To clarify "planned", on a vacation trip with no firm schedule other than arriving on Friday, so I couldn't be too specific.
My phone will not let me use it as a hotspot. Had I been able to use a hotspot, is there a method available to open up that no- fly zone when I had verbal clearance from the airport?
Was the area a red zone or a yellow zone in the DJI Go 4 app?

Yellow zone.
You should be able to "self-unlock" those right in the app when you are connected to the drone. But you will need to have an active internet connection.

Alternately, you can unlock them in advance on a computer and sync them to your controller.

Go here. DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

There are two ways to unlock Authorization Zones (yellow):
1. Live Self-Unlocking When connected to the Internet, DJI GO and DJI GO 4 allow you to unlock Authorization Zones on-site when you take off inside of or fly into one. Unlocking lasts for 24 hours and requires just a few taps on the screen.

2. Scheduled Self-Unlocking Users planning to fly in an Authorization Zone without an Internet connection can use the Online Flight Planner to schedule up to 30 simultaneous unlocking plans. Each unlocked zone will remain unlocked for three days.

Unlocking an Authorization Zone requires a DJI user account verified with a credit card, debit card, or mobile phone number. DJI does not collect nor store this information, which is verified by a third party service, and verification is free. A verified account is required only if attempting to fly in an Authorization Zone. When your request is approved, go to the Camera View, select General Settings, and select Unlocking List in the DJI GO or DJI GO 4 app to confirm your flight license has been downloaded. Afterwards, you can fly in the Authorization Zone without a network connection.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez