No cellular service

Reaction score
I have a phantom 3 4k took it to the mountains in WA State and couldn't fly it.
No internet or cell service up in that area.
Is there a way to fly it and take a couple of pics without having cell service?

I have a phantom 3 4k took it to the mountains in WA State and couldn't fly it.
No internet or cell service up in that area.
Is there a way to fly it and take a couple of pics without having cell service?
Welcome to the forum.

Neither internet nor cell service are required to fly. What issues did you see when you tried?

Reactions: PhantomFandom
If your problem was no maps the solution is to cache the maps for the area while you have service. There is probably 50+ threads on the issue, a quick search will get you everything you need and more.

Welcome to the forum.

Neither internet nor cell service are required to fly. What issues did you see when you tried?
I wouldn't even turn the blades on. I turned everything on as usual... hit the remote to make the blades spin and nothing happened... I set the remote to attimode and nothing.

Very sorry this happened to you. It has happened to me twice. The first time, I had upgraded the system software, shut it down. Charged up the battery and went off to a remote location. This problem will almost certainly occur in that circumstance. After upgrading software, you should always do a full re-start while still in wifi range. The second time, the system suddenly showed a promo video and demanded a log-in. It took a few days to sort that out, and I believe this to be a bug. I believe you might be able to get by this, by swiping down on the screen which makes a menu available. But, I have not yet had a recurrence for me to test my theory. Good luck!

Thanks. I'm certainly learning from this blog. I've seen other posts/comments similar to mine

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20