Nexus 7

It's still one of the best to use if you need a dedicated tablet for flying. Do note that since it's already EoL, Marshmallow is the final version it will support, unless you root it.

It's still one of the best to use if you need a dedicated tablet for flying. Do note that since it's already EoL, Marshmallow is the final version it will support, unless you root it.
Actually I'm running 6.1 I believe and it works great. Now with that being said I do have to start the drone first, then the RC, and the the tablet. Buts that's no big deal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I recently re-designated using my 2013 model to the room where I sit on my throne, I get a lot of reading done there. ;)
I just started using a new Shield K1 for the drone.
The nexus has been flawless..and it will be a good backup.

I recently re-designated using my 2013 model to the room where I sit on my throne, I get a lot of reading done there. ;)
I just started using a new Shield K1 for the drone.
The nexus has been flawless..and it will be a good backup.
Indeed, but any bog standard tablet is OK, whilst contemplating on the "Throne".
Not sure if "Bog" translates to the US market, maybe a UK thing.

I just got a Nexus 7 2013 model for 85 dollars on Craigslist. It was like new the owner only used it for a eReader. Added a 12 dollar tablet holder from Banggood.com. It a DJI inspire copy. This is on a P3S. Works great. Much better than the note 4 I was using.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well, to go against the grain, I had nothing but trouble with mine. Even using Shutapp before every flight, it still insisted on rebooting mid flight sometimes with both Dji Go, and Litchi. Bought it new, tried both android 5 and 6, still did it on either. Maybe I'm just unlucky. Consider myself fairly savvy with such devices but couldn't get it to stop doing it so got a refund.

Well, to go against the grain, I had nothing but trouble with mine. Even using Shutapp before every flight, it still insisted on rebooting mid flight sometimes with both Dji Go, and Litchi. Bought it new, tried both android 5 and 6, still did it on either. Maybe I'm just unlucky. Consider myself fairly savvy with such devices but couldn't get it to stop doing it so got a refund.
Sounded like you had one with a hardware issue. My Nexus 7 2nd generation never did that even once.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Kwaka Pants
I just picked up a barely used Nexus 7 gen 2, hope to make it a dedicated tablet for my P3s. But I'm having problems connecting it to the controller and copter. DJI Go app loaded fine.

Here's the sequence I'm trying; turn on controller first, copter second, nexus 7 third. Select phantom wifi, all appears OK. Now there's trouble. DJI Go app does not show 'connected,' I do not have the option to select 'camera' to go further.

Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I just picked up a barely used Nexus 7 gen 2, hope to make it a dedicated tablet for my P3s. But I'm having problems connecting it to the controller and copter. DJI Go app loaded fine.

Here's the sequence I'm trying; turn on controller first, copter second, nexus 7 third. Select phantom wifi, all appears OK. Now there's trouble. DJI Go app does not show 'connected,' I do not have the option to select 'camera' to go further.

Suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Just sounds like you need to relink the RC with the AC, has nothing to do with your device.
As a side note, don't like the sequence you use. I would get the RC and the device up first, and connected via wifi, then power up the AC.

Just sounds like you need to relink the RC with the AC, has nothing to do with your device.
As a side note, don't like the sequence you use. I would get the RC and the device up first, and connected via wifi, then power up the AC.

Hmmm...thanks for the reply. But when I use my iPad (which I've used for almost 100 flights), all is well. The AC and RC are indeed connected.

Any idea why the Nexus 7 won't connect, while the iPad does?

Hmmm...thanks for the reply. But when I use my iPad (which I've used for almost 100 flights), all is well. The AC and RC are indeed connected.

Any idea why the Nexus 7 won't connect, while the iPad does?
As you see from my signature I use the same tablet. If you connected to the RC's wifi the tablet is doing it job. You could try re-installing the Go app. Is the large LED on the RC green or red?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl