Nexus 7 tablet

I often see the question of how the Nexus 7 performs in sunlight. Here is a photo I took of my Nexus 7 in sunlight.

Note: There is of course screen glare.

Attachments

• 1456953691839.jpg
    1456953691839.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 372
Reactions: DaveB68
I'm quite happy with my Nexus 7 v2. I only have the DJI Go app installed and it runs great.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

This is for all people having Nexus 7 2012. (1st gen. laying around).

I had this tablet around for 3 years, almost 2 years it was laying around dead (couldn't charge or turn it on) and forgotten. Since i bought P3 Pro i decided to save some money and bring it back to life, and i did (ask me if you want to know how).

Then i started reading how it will not be sufficient for operating this craft due to its hardware limitations. After reading some more, i found a way to overclock its processor and GPU. So i did that.

What you need to do is:

• if upgraded, downgrade to KitKat 4.4.4. (maybe this is not necessery) and DJI Go 2.6.0 (or latest) as 3rd party software - you can not install it through google play
  • to overclock it (let me know if anyone is interested and i will find links i used in this process) You can overclock CPU from 1.2Ghz to 1.6Ghz and give it lowest frequency at 1Ghz.
  • install only apps you really need, keep OS as clean as you can
  • in developer options under geeky stats (before every flight) turn of everything running in foreground and background you don't need (specially google chrome-ram devourer)
  • in app - turn off screen capture (recording on the device)
  • set HD video link to custom channel (of your desire) at 4.Mbps

Yesterday i flew with this setup and it got me easily 1km (0.621371 miles), will try more these days.
It had a lag but if was very, very, very small and totally flyable and comfortable 1080p @50fps

Hope this helps :)

Reactions: Dirty Bird
Quick update. Been out a couple of times now, the 7 works great, nice size, balances well, no lag. Does struggle in the sun though and with reflections, although I'd imagine most screens are the same. Ordered an anti-glare screen protector and DJI hood, reckon I should be good then :)

Overall very pleased, especially for the price.

Dave

A few years ago I had some Best Buy reward points that were expiring & i needed to use 'em or lose 'em. I wound up buying a Nexus 7 2nd-Gen 32-gig. Ironically in white! It sat in the box until a few months ago when I bought my first P3. I was pleasantly surprised at how perfect this 3-year old tablet was for a P3 device & how well it performs.

After getting my P3P I decided to get a dedicated tablet for flying and, after perusing msinger's list of compatible tablets, bought a 2013 Nexus 7 with Cyanogen mod for $70. I side-loaded DJI GO and it worked perfectly. Never a glitch. Fairly good outdoors, but I made a sunshield for it and don't ever worry about glare now. I recently purchased Litchi and, in trying to get it to work, removed DJI GO. After finally getting Litchi to work I re-re-side-loaded DJI GO, which suddenly asked for a firmware update...which I did. Then I had to re-re-re-side-load the latest version of DJI GO. I love my Nexus 7 and the Cyanogen mod, even tho it doesn't work well with drone apps in the Play Store (other apps work well right out if the Play Store). But when I get everything working perfectly again there is no way that I am making any more changes/upgrades to it ever again.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik