Nexus 7 2013 - 100% performance?

try Uninstall go app.
But you will find not everything gets deleted.
Then connect nexus thru usb to pc.
Put nexus usb in file transfer mode.
Use windows explorer and delete anything with DJI in the name on the nexus.
Reboot nexus.
Then install go app.

Might work, might not. But not hard to do. Worth a try.

I took the latest android update. But have not taken the latest dji updates.
My nexus is still working properly.
I have about 9GB free on nexus.

The factory reset AND reinstalling of Go app seems to have the trick! Thank guys. I will know more when I am able to get the drone in the air. Before this - my video was shot just sitting on the counter, not I is nice and clear. But airtime will tell the whole story.

Finally gave up trying to get the Nexus 7 to work flawlessly, rooted or not it just always had a little lag. Gave up and moved to the Ipad Air 2. No comparison.

I have an Air 2 also and a 6s+, but have this Nexus just laying around so I wanted to dedicate it's use to the Phantom. But may sell it and move on also.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

My Nexus 7 2013 "use to be ok". However I recently did the latest Android software update - along with the latest DJI Go app update, and firmware updates to bird and RC. Now my video lag makes the device virtually unusable for the P3P.

I have checked and rechecked my setting in app - they seem to be fine. I have deleted virtually everything off the tablet and still lagging badly.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!
Any more reports of this please?
Mine was asking about the Marshmallow 6.0 update but not allowed it yet.
I'm staying with an older app in any case as I aren't updating P3 firmware for the time being.

As it is now don't really have the slightest problem so if it ain't broke don't (try to) fix it comes to mind.

Any more reports of this please?
Mine was asking about the Marshmallow 6.0 update but not allowed it yet.
I'm staying with an older app in any case as I aren't updating P3 firmware for the time being.

As it is now don't really have the slightest problem so if it ain't broke don't (try to) fix it comes to mind.

Will know more when I can get out and fly in the next couple of days.

My nexus 7 2013 works great. Sure I get an occasional hiccup. Doewent bother me it's just for a split second. Has all latest updates

Turn off Bluetooth if it's on. After your map has updated and populated , put the tablet in airplane mode. That will free up resources for the video.

I'm waiting on my Nexus 7 2013. It's due today. The first one I received on Monday was damaged. So based on what I'm reading, let it update to the latest OS and put it in airplane mode to get the best results? Thanks for everyone's help.

I'm waiting on my Nexus 7 2013. It's due today. The first one I received on Monday was damaged. So based on what I'm reading, let it update to the latest OS and put it in airplane mode to get the best results? Thanks for everyone's help.

If I were you I would run it as is. See how it goes. I did upgrade mine as soon as I got it. But wondered after if it would have been faster on the old OS.
The newer operating systems may require more cpu power. At least if they are anything like computers.

If I were you I would run it as is. See how it goes. I did upgrade mine as soon as I got it. But wondered after if it would have been faster on the old OS.
The newer operating systems may require more cpu power. At least if they are anything like computers.
Thanks for the feedback. I guess there's no harm in trying that first. I'll try a few flights and see how it goes. If I don't have any problems, I'll leave it as is. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I just received my new
Thanks for the feedback. I guess there's no harm in trying that first. I'll try a few flights and see how it goes. If I don't have any problems, I'll leave it as is. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Nexus 7 2013 and that is exactly what I am doing. I tried v4.4 and had lots of lag. Now I am running the latest version of Android 5.something and it is working great. I don't think I will go to Android version 6 unless I start having trouble.

I just received my new

Nexus 7 2013 and that is exactly what I am doing. I tried v4.4 and had lots of lag. Now I am running the latest version of Android 5.something and it is working great. I don't think I will go to Android version 6 unless I start having trouble.
This is great feedback. I was all set to update it as soon as I opened the box. I'll post feedback once I get a few flights in. Probably this weekend for a longer flight.

If you are intending it almost exclusively for running the P3 apps there isn't any particular reason to keep updated (e.g. security online or compatibility with other software)
This will only be used for the P3A so I'm just looking to get the best performance out of it. I've read other posts where people are deleting other programs from it but I don't want to get too crazy if I don't have to.

Finally got some flight time in yesterday after setting up my Nexus 7 2013. It came with 4.4 and that didn't do well...lag as well as crazy artifacts on the screen (probably one in the same). Updated to 5.0. Better but not great. Went to 5.1, then 6.0. Everything works great now. I turned off cache locally but don't know if that makes any difference. Made a cheap sun shield out of cardboard until I find a better one online. Thanks to everyone for your help.

Did you try 5.1 at all.
I did try 5.1 by taking a short flight over my front yard. My daughter was spinning a flag and whenever she threw the flag, there were artifacts in the screen. To be honest though, I don't remember checking to see or turning off any other programs that might have been running. I updated to 6.0 without testing that. At that point I was getting a little frustrated with it not running smooth.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20