Nexus 7 2013 - 100% performance?

Reaction score
Hey Every1

I got my Nexus 7 2013. Beautifull tablet. Applied anti glare screen protector to it. Just wonderful.

Went for a first fly today.
Everything worked fine, besides, SOMETIMES the video was lagging a second. I was moving a stick, and rotation on the screen would start a second after.
I restarted the tablet. Tried again, and it dissapeared.

But once a while later was still doing this.

Is there any specific procedures i need to make on the tablet so it will be Phantom-Ready?

Reduce the video data rate perhaps.
It's still pretty good on minimum.
Turn brightness to max manually - not the auto setting.
When you get the app set it to not update automatically, this will avoid unexpected issues.

If you open google maps while on home wifi, and go to your planned flying area, you can download the map by saying "OK Maps"
The Go app can access this cached map download later when offline.
You don't have to zoom right in, the download lets you zoom into the cached version.

Reactions: t2adze
Reduce the video data rate perhaps.
It's still pretty good on minimum.
Turn brightness to max manually - not the auto setting.
When you get the app set it to not update automatically, this will avoid unexpected issues.

If you open google maps while on home wifi, and go to your planned flying area, you can download the map by saying "OK Maps"
The Go app can access this cached map download later when offline.
You don't have to zoom right in, the download lets you zoom into the cached version.
Thanks!

How do i reduce video data?

make sure to close any other programs.

t2 Did you find much difference with screen protector?
What one did you get?

t2 Did you find much difference with screen protector?
What one did you get?
Tech armor. I really liked it.
I just dont like the fact that its not that good as i expected lag wise.

Anything else i need to consider?
I m afraid this means i need to use this tablet ONLY for Dji and nothing else :(

Tech Armor. I will check that out. Thanks.
Do you have P3P or P3A?
I have P3A. The downlink bandwidth is set at 2Mb. Not adjustable. I do not get nay noticable lagging unless I am
on the edge of losing signal due to obstruction or range.

Tech Armor. I will check that out. Thanks.
Do you have P3P or P3A?
I have P3A. The downlink bandwidth is set at 2Mb. Not adjustable. I do not get nay noticable lagging unless I am
on the edge of losing signal due to obstruction or range.
P3A.
How do i set downlink bandwith and what should i set it to?

P3A.
How do i set downlink bandwith and what should i set it to?
It is not adjustable in P3A. It is set at 2Mb. I believe that is the lowest setting of the pro.

There is a setting called "cache local copy" What that does is save a lower quality video of what you are recording to the sd card.
But it saves it to you nexus. (local copy) You can turn that option off. You can also clear the cached copy.
I would atleast clear the cache copy and see if that makes any difference.
I run with caching off.
Don't know that makes any difference. But I also use a screen recorder so I get a local copy anyway, but with telemetry.

Reactions: t2adze
Ive been debating whether to buy a nexus :-/ looks great specs and there isn't much out there that can touch the specs for the price

Hey Every1

I got my Nexus 7 2013. Beautifull tablet. Applied anti glare screen protector to it. Just wonderful.

Went for a first fly today.
Everything worked fine, besides, SOMETIMES the video was lagging a second. I was moving a stick, and rotation on the screen would start a second after.
I restarted the tablet. Tried again, and it dissapeared.

But once a while later was still doing this.

Is there any specific procedures i need to make on the tablet so it will be Phantom-Ready?

Hello. I have same solution. N7 2013 and screen glare protector. But sometimes I have problems with video. Sometimes video is just choppy when moving and need to restart tablet and then is OK. I run on my tablet just Litchi and Go app. Dont know why is happening this.

I just ordered one off Amazon today. Was going to go with Galaxy Tab 4 but sounds like lots of lag problems with it. I was looking at that one cause the screen looks really bright. Nexus 7 2nd Gen seems to get great reviews. I just can't keep using my little LG G2 phone!!!

I have the nexus 7 2nd gen (2013) and it works flawlessly. I have it dedicated for use with the phantom so nothing else is running or installed, but I imagine as long as you close everything before opening the DJI app it will perform just as well with other apps installed.

I only use my nexus for the phantom 3. It has the latest OS, but only have 5 apps installed, each for the drone. I have auto updates enabled and do not run a task killer or anything. I haven't tried to put too many apps on, but image too much would slow it down. No issues so far, works great. I did have a lot of issues on android 4.x and 5.x, but 6.x is great.

Does anyone root the N7 2013 and delete some factory apps.
I just ordered one and was curious.
I have looked at rooting. Seems simple enough. You can also download the factory images from google and go back to an ealier version of Android. Or install a custom rom.
I bought mine new a couple months ago and it had vers 4. something. I let it update to 6.01.
It works well.

Reactions: KC4E
My Nexus 7 2013 "use to be ok". However I recently did the latest Android software update - along with the latest DJI Go app update, and firmware updates to bird and RC. Now my video lag makes the device virtually unusable for the P3P.

I have checked and rechecked my setting in app - they seem to be fine. I have deleted virtually everything off the tablet and still lagging badly.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

do a factory reset!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20