Nexus 7 1st or 2st generation?

Reaction score
Hi, anyone tested them both to know which one works better? I want a tablet to use with live HD video but I want to spend as less as I can, so the Nexus 7 is a nice choice.

Anyone tested the Nexus 7 1sr gen 2012 Vs nexus 7 2013 second generation?
Which has the less lag? I heard the last nvidia soc works better with Lightbridge HD feed.

I am using the original and it seems to work fine. Not a very fast tablet nowadays but it does work ok with the pilot app. I would get the 2nd Gen though if you are going to buy one.

I ordered a 2nd Gen as that is what is listed on the compatibility matrix and the 2nd used is not so much more than the 1st Gen. I am now waiting for it to arrive. I figured the iPhone 5s will work but the screen is too small. Good luck!

I ordered a 2nd Gen as that is what is listed on the compatibility matrix and the 2nd used is not so much more than the 1st Gen. I am now waiting for it to arrive. I figured the iPhone 5s will work but the screen is too small. Good luck!
So the 2nd Gen isn't much faster than the 1st one? Seems that Nvidia soc work better. Better, since the 1st nexus 7 is now very very cheap used. Lol

Thanks for the help guys.

I have a 1st generation sitting here that I have on Craigslist. It was part of a package deal and came with a V+ camera I bought. Honestly its very slow and not bright enough for me so I ordered a Tab S to replace it. That said it will work and does run the apps. Just need to be patient.

I have a 1st generation sitting here that I have on Craigslist. It was part of a package deal and came with a V+ camera I bought. Honestly its very slow and not bright enough for me so I ordered a Tab S to replace it. That said it will work and does run the apps. Just need to be patient.
Maybe you had it with many stuff loaded. I will try with the stock Android and if not work as expected I will try a custom rom for improving speed.

Totally wiped clean. Nothing on it.

I did update the OS and I think it ran better before.

How is the Galaxy S working for you rrmccabe? Do you have the 8.4 or 10? Also what mount and/or sunshade if any do you use with it please?

I have seen you run flytrax any other recommended android apps?

Thanks

I picked up the Nexus 7 II on Amazon. Asus is probably wondering why they are selling now..LOL
Anyway, I thought it looked great. I really didn't notice much lag but I need a bit more time flying it. We are getting rain all week here in Colorado. Sucks!

How is the Galaxy S working for you rrmccabe? Do you have the 8.4 or 10? Also what mount and/or sunshade if any do you use with it please?

Thanks

I have not really used it yet. I bought it to have for my new 3DR Solo. Currently I cant even mount it.

Works fine for surfing the web :)

And its a 8.4

Reactions: captblast
The 2013 model works great with the pilot app. I installed an anti glare screen protector for good measure.

The 2013 model works great with the pilot app. I installed an anti glare screen protector for good measure.

I'm having a tough time via my research to discern one app from the other. As I stated in another post looking for a mount for my galaxy S tab 8.4 I have ordered a DayVue screen protecter from these guys

http://www.nushield.com/dayvue_technology.php

I've had the most success with this screen upgrade on vessel electronics. I have for the last 10 years been trying to get my monitor suppliers/sponsers to leave off the **** polarization on my units with no luck at all. :mad:

Thanks
Tab S 8.4 is Awesome....snappy, very bright and light in weight. And I like the 16:9 - 16:10 Aspect over the ipad aspect. Controller is balanced well and not tiring to hold

Attachments

• 20150505_141300.jpg
    20150505_141300.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 528
Thanks Lou, got a link or model # on that mounting bracket? I see the specs as this S Tab is 4.94"'s wide, could you confirm that for me? I ordered one and would like to know for sure. Thanks again

Try the Sero 7 Pro...... Nice little unit!

And it has HDMI out!

Last edited:
Thanks Lou, got a link or model # on that mounting bracket? I see the specs as this S Tab is 4.94"'s wide, could you confirm that for me? I ordered one and would like to know for sure. Thanks again
That is the stock mount that comes on the p3 controller....it can fit a screen just under 7" wide
20150505_173753.jpg
20150505_173807.jpg
20150505_173844.jpg
20150505_141300.jpg
20150505_141300.jpg
20150505_173753.jpg
20150505_173807.jpg
20150505_173844.jpg

Man that thing is Teacher!!! Nice new setup, I was in the wrong place doing some searching, I've got a PV2+ should have said so. Thanks for your quick reply and you got to show off the new bird :cool:

Reactions: louforgiveno

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair