Nexus 6?

Reaction score
Has anyone flown the P3 with a Nexus 6 smart phone? Any reason I shouldn't?...I dont see it on the DJI's list of preferred devices. I'm concerned.

I was using a Tab 4 and found that I was not getting all the optionsm on the menus. DJI said that was because I was not using the tested tablet that they have verified works. Very furstrating.

Has anyone flown the P3 with a Nexus 6 smart phone? Any reason I shouldn't?...I dont see it on the DJI's list of preferred devices. I'm concerned.
Concerned about what exactly? If you mean concerned about buying one just for FPV and finding out it doesn't work, don't... use a tablet. If you mean you already own it but are concerned it might crash your bird, don't be. I have not heard of an Android device with recent specs that hasn't worked w/ the pilot app.

I was using a Tab 4 and found that I was not getting all the optionsm on the menus. DJI said that was because I was not using the tested tablet that they have verified works. Very furstrating.
Like what? I have a Shield, which is unsupported, and the menus are all complete.

Concerned about what exactly? If you mean concerned about buying one just for FPV and finding out it doesn't work, don't... use a tablet. If you mean you already own it but are concerned it might crash your bird, don't be. I have not heard of an Android device with recent specs that hasn't worked w/ the pilot app.

I already own a Nexus 6...and I dont want to have to buy something different to get full functionality or void any type of warrant in the event of a crash due to using an "unsupported" device.

I already own a Nexus 6...and I dont want to have to buy something different to get full functionality or void any type of warrant in the event of a crash due to using an "unsupported" device.
You won't crash because of an unsupported device since the controller is what controls the quad. The nexus 6 is a pretty nicely spec'd device, so other than the small screen being an issue, I can't imagine there would be any others. Then again, if it's all you have and you don't want to buy another device, what choice do you have?

You won't crash because of an unsupported device since the controller is what controls the quad. The nexus 6 is a pretty nicely spec'd device, so other than the small screen being an issue, I can't imagine there would be any others. Then again, if it's all you have and you don't want to buy another device, what choice do you have?

Well...if flying with Nexus 6 results in something crazy like a voided warranty or even worse a fly away, then Id buy something from the prefered list to fly with.

Well...if flying with Nexus 6 results in something crazy like a voided warranty or even worse a fly away, then Id buy something from the prefered list to fly with.
it wont. there were guys flying with a piece of crap $30 Moto G for a while before the iOS app came out, and they had no problems controlling the bird.

Reactions: Slone Starkey
I have flow my P3S using my Nexus 6 a couple of times, but now I have issues with it disconnecting. I updated to Marshmallow, after that I have intermittent connection problems. I have of course done all the usual uninstalling, reinstalling and starting up the RC and drone in the right order and making sure I connect to the WIFI hot spot before starting the DJI Go app...

@Martin Craig did you solve your problems?
I'm downgrading my N6 to Lollipop, to test the connectivity. MM won't connect.

Just got my P3Pro along with a major Arctic Cold air mass pushing the Jet stream far south of me so doing some reading and.
Please let us know how the Downgrade from Marshmallow goes..............would hate to borrow family members MiniPAd

I too was in your position but I have now flown my Phantom 3 Advanced with the Nexus 6 for the last 6-7 months problem free. There is hardly any lag at all and i have had no issues.

Actually i have had an issue where the camera didn't connect at start up. Rebooting the app and starting again fixes it and it has never dropped out or lost connection mid flight. With each DJI GO update this issue gets less and less.

Just got my P3Pro along with a major Arctic Cold air mass pushing the Jet stream far south of me so doing some reading and.
Please let us know how the Downgrade from Marshmallow goes..............would hate to borrow family members MiniPAd
I'm happy that I'm able to use DJI GO with Lollipop (after the downgrade), but loosing all the things that Android 6 has to offer makes me angry.

DJI support didn't help much, they closed my case telling me that
Hello, i´m sorry but it must be a Problem with your android device. I reported your case to china and they have never heard about a case like yours.

In conclusion, If no one else has reported a similar problem (N6+P3S+MM+FW) = it's a phablet (device) issue. Case closed. The thing, that the same device with the same copter works under Lollipop doesn't ring a bell at DJI.
This is a good PR and CR.

Well, after the 15th of this month I'll update to MM, again, and I'll fine it a try.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Started testing my Nexus. Upgraded to MM, and DJI GO worked.
As soon as I rooted my phone, the app stopped working.
Right now, I'm re-flashing stock and giving it another try.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers