Nexus 6?

As mentioned, rooting the Nexus 6 flips a switch (somewhere) and the app detect the copter anymore.
LL works rooted/unrooted/custom ROM, MM works only without root.

Good news, I was finally able to come up with a working solution. It's a bit of a hack, but I successfully tested it this evening with my Phantom 3 Standard. What you need to do is as follows:
  • Install MultiROM from here.
  • Launch the app and click the "Install" button to install the new boot image, recovery image, and modified kernel. Once this completes, your phone is capable of booting multiple ROMs.
  • Download the ZIP archive for Lollipop here (you probably want "lmy48y_shamu.zip") and copy it to the phone.
  • Reboot into recovery, select "MultiROM", and tap "Add ROM".
  • Tap "Next" followed by "ZIP File". Browse to and select the ZIP file you copied to the phone.
Once this is complete, your phone will allow you to choose which ROM to boot when you turn it on. Select your original ROM to boot Marshmallow and enjoy your phone as it was before or select the newly added ROM to install/run the DJI Go app within Lollipop. The apps are isolated between ROMs, which is an added bonus.

Reactions: Zsolt
I have a Nexus 6p, but I think I'll stick to my Nvidia shield. Great tablet for flying! There is a printed sunshield for the Nvidia Shield. Won't fold up, but works great.

I have a rooted stock ROM Nexus 6P, running 6.0.1, build MTC20F (latest); does DJI Go not work with rooted devices??

It works, I switched to 6P and the only issue I have, I have to disable the data connection to be able to use the wifi with my Phantom. I assume this is a known issue, that's why I didn't report it.

It works, I switched to 6P and the only issue I have, I have to disable the data connection to be able to use the wifi with my Phantom. I assume this is a known issue, that's why I didn't report it.
Your cellular data? How would anyone live stream on YouTube without a data connection?

I have a rooted stock ROM Nexus 6P, running 6.0.1, build MTC20F (latest); does DJI Go not work with rooted devices??

It is a known issue. If you scroll up a bit, I posted a workaround for running the DJI Go app on a rooted N6.

Your cellular data? How would anyone live stream on YouTube without a data connection?

I never was able to get both the WiFi connection to the remote and my cellular connection to work correctly at the same time.

It is a known issue. If you scroll up a bit, I posted a workaround for running the DJI Go app on a rooted N6.
I root my phones, but the last time I tried MultiROM it almost bricked my phone. I have Xposed installed, so I'm going to try Root Cloak tonight.

No need for multirom. I was able to fly using pure nexus on my N4, N6 and N6P.

No need for multirom. I was able to fly using pure nexus on my N4, N6 and N6P.

Was the N6 running Marshmallow and was it rooted? That seems to be the combination that causes the problem. I believe the app works fine with Lollipop and non-rooted Marshmallow. I can't test anymore since I've switched to the OnePlus 3 now.

Was the N6 running Marshmallow and was it rooted? That seems to be the combination that causes the problem. I believe the app works fine with Lollipop and non-rooted Marshmallow. I can't test anymore since I've switched to the OnePlus 3 now.

All my devices are running Marshmallow, based on custom ROM and rooted.

Mine didn't connect because I had cellular data turned on. Seems kind of odd; how does the GPS map update with data connection turned off? Last night I flew a short flight, but couldn't get any map data to load.

Cache your map on data connection, disable data, and fly wifi only.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

That's correct. Just zoom and move the map, in the area you're going to fly.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I've been flying DJI Phantom 3 Advanced with Nexus 6P without issues. Now and then the app will crash but is rare, but im not sure if it's the phone or app itself. Or the fact that the phone is rooted, but i still maintain control of the quadcopter via control; then restart app. All i lose is the cache video or cached pictures in the phone.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Schnoidz
If you are running a Nexus 6 ...it is on the Nougat 7 install and test list. I don't advise it if you are running Nougat 7 . A lot of stuff is not working correctly yet in Nougat . I went back to MM because it was to buggy , Nougat 7 was.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4