Newby Question - multiple operators

eeg

Reaction score
My small company bought one drone and registered it to a single person. Question - can all of us fly the drone? Or only the person to whom it is registered?
Any insight is appreciated!
eeg

Thank you! Follow up question - Can a person get a 107 certification if they do not own a drone? Or, put another way, can multiple operators be registered to the same drone?

Incorrect statement:
107 you don't register the drone so it won't have it's own number. Each pilot get's a different number. An idea would be for each pilot to have a dog tag with their number on it and affix it to the drone when they fly it.

Last edited:
for 107 you don't register the drone so it won't have it's own number
It sounds like you are thinking of Section 336. For Part 107, you must register each drone individually.

Reactions: Pharm
Thank you! Follow up question - Can a person get a 107 certification if they do not own a drone? Or, put another way, can multiple operators be registered to the same drone?
Some real expert may step in here, but I doubt that the FAA will register the same serial number to multiple people.
The drone is identified to the owner of the drone, like mine is registered to me. If my son, or perhaps someone else I trust may take my drone and fly it, there is no problem with that. If the drone shows up where it should not be, then I am the guy they will be talking to first. No problem.

Just like manned aircraft. One owner and registration number, but any licensed pilot can fly it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers