Newbie with P3A

Reaction score
Took my new toy for its first few flights today in beautiful North Wales.Very uneventful, everything worked perfectly but having previously been an rc helicopter pilot was nervous about losing orientation-wow what a difference,any doubt ,release the controls and voila remains in a steady hover. I just need to allow myself to go further away,as with helis it was so easy to let it get away from you - can't wait for tomorrow and more experimentation.
This is a great forum and has been great for research while waiting to open my Christmas present.
Tim

Welcome to the forum Tim .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Reactions: Neon Euc
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Thanks to all for the warm welcome, another spin today a tad windy but a beautiful day . Finally got over my fear of flying too far away and took it to the point I could just see it ( think that's as far as I'm allowed in the UK) . I must say how fantastically stable this thing is , compared to helis which you had to constantly fly , the best I could achieve in those days in terms of stability was a hands free hover ! otherwise they seemed to have ground seeking tendencies.
Should I be trying any exercises? Happy with nose in flying but notice that when I came out of beginner mode the extra sensitivity meant I had props in the video occasionally (although it was quite windy) I obviously need to improve smoothness somehow , hence the question about exercises.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thedrinklabsus