Newbie. Phantom or not?

NCHoytArcher said:
So my only question at this point, if um buying a Phantom in late September, do I wait for the vision? How much more will the vision cost?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Totally up to you.

No price has been set. Should be released in October but knowing DJI release record I would not bet on that.
You would be getting a product right out of the chute.

I would wait until the dust settled.

E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another factor for me is if I get a go pro, I can use it elsewhere. Will probably mount it on my bow.

Another factor for me is if I get a go pro, I can use it elsewhere. Will probably mount it on my bow.

I believe I have seen mounts to put the hero's on bow's, which is fully cool. They have picatinny mounts as well.

Regarding the Vision, I think the coolness factor will be built in. Especially if you would like to do fpv with your iphone
mounted to the transmitter. This platform will probably suit the ubergeek really well.

Also, If it fly's away, the camera was already attached, so It will be replaced as well, Curtis Smith, aka cssfly, aka [email protected].....Is that violin music I hear playing ? I found it, It was the world's smallest violin, playing
just for you.

Without any idea how much it will cost I don't want to make plans on it. I can't even find any speculation on the price.

I don't think any RC model would fit your "good investment" description. They all prone "flyaways", "crashes", "fires" and other misfortunes. However, being careful, you can certainly minimize your chances for such incidents.

ym42 said:
I don't think any RC model would fit your "good investment" description. They all prone "flyaways", "crashes", "fires" and other misfortunes. However, being careful, you can certainly minimize your chances for such incidents.

Any RC model that doesn't fly is very recoverable. For flying all airplanes are more reliable then quadcopters. The reason this is true is because all quads need a computer inside to help you control it. Now think about this: has anybody ever had a computer that didn't have a glitch/malfunction and needed to be rebooted? So what do you think happens if your computer in your quad hiccups while its 100 feet in the air? Airplanes are definitely less prone to flyaways because no computer but there are still malfunctions, that's just the nature of RC.
BTW I have a Phantom and I just accept the risk as I've done for many years with my airplanes. In the old days when we lost or crashed our airplanes we lost hours of building work.

I'm about 90% sure I will be buying a Phantom. There is another quad on my radar, but I still need to see if it can hold as stable as the Phantom. I understand the risk involved with this and any other quad. I will do my part to insure user error will not be a factor, and hope to be like one of the many people flying Phantoms and other Dji products without issue.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31