Newbie on the scene

Reaction score
Hi folks looking at getting a phantom 3 advanced as my real first drone as I want something good enough to use at work (aerial shots of roofwork as it progresses) do you think this is a good choice for a first drone or am I shooting a bit high for first drone. Any feedback would be great or even alternative drones, cheers guys

I'm still pretty new myself and I fly a Phantom 3 Standard but I've received a lot of feedback saying that the Phantom 3 is a fantastic place to start. I guess it would depend on the price for you, but it seems that the Phantom 3 Advanced is a lot like the Phantom 3 Pro but without the 4k video. Probably the biggest benefit as far as the Phantom 3 series is concerned, it is the lowest-cost model that includes Lightbridge ehich will allow you to fly up to 3 miles away! Also, uses GLONASS (Russian GPS system) in addition to GPS. This will potentially allow you to fly in places I could not with my P3 Standard... places such as mountains or between tall buildings where satellites may be obscured. The more satellites in the sky, the better chance the drone will see them. GPS uses 24 satellites, as does GLONASS so by using both systems, you double the number of possible satellites compared to using just one. Anyway, I hope this helps and for the record, I'd say the Phantom 3 Advanced is the absolute best place to start!

Reactions: DAZ K
Welcome to PhantomPilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Welcome to the forum! :)

do you think this is a good choice for a first drone or am I shooting a bit high for first drone
Any DJI drone would be able to handle that task. As far as which DJI drone to choose, all of the consumer drones are pretty close flight-wise. Once you learn how to fly one, you'll be able to fly any of them. The biggest difference is going to be the features that each drone offers. You can compare the specs side-by-side here.

cheers for the help guys ive just been out and got the advanced im on with charging everything up at the moment,going to spend the day watching tutorials then hopefully tomorrow try a quick play about with it

do you mean just the standard
Yes, the P3 standard would work great for you. The P3P is a better drone for distance. Do you need distance?

The P3P does 4 K video. Do you need 4K video for roof work? P3s is 2.7 K and most people probably wouldn’t see the difference. Also you need a powerful computer to process 4K.

The P3P is more expensive. Do you need money. Lol
You just want to take pictures of a roof and you said that’s all. Are you proficient with flying a drone? You won’t notice any difference in flying either one around a house. They each will nick a tree branch the same and crash the same. One will be much cheaper to repair.

I did look at the p3p but thought that was way over the top for my first phantom maybe a bit later down the line I was going to get the standard p3 but when I compared the standard and the advanced I thought the advanced just stood out a bit more and would probably serve me well for a couple of years.

I did look at the p3p but thought that was way over the top for my first phantom maybe a bit later down the line I was going to get the standard p3 but when I compared the standard and the advanced I thought the advanced just stood out a bit more and would probably serve me well for a couple of years.
They are all great. You can use it for other things also, like vacations. Don’t let the tax man catch you using a work tool for personal use. LOL

well had my first fly today ive got got to say well impressed with the drone and the camera shots and video is perfect all in all better than i hoped for cant wait to get a few scenic shots and ill pop them on here

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj