Newbie here...Question : Does the GPS/ap automatically disable the drone within FCC proximity guidel

Reaction score
Newbie here.....Question : Does the GPS/ap automatically disable the drone within FAA requirements on proximity to airports??

Neal

Your question is worded oddly but I think I know what you're asking.

If you try to launch within 5 miles of an airport that DJI deems worthy of restrictions, it won't launch unless you get approval via the go app. Sometimes you can self-approve, sometimes you have to get DJI's approval - depends on the airport. Some small airports - you'll only get a warning.

If you fly into an airport restricted zone, it won't let you in. You will first get a warning, and then you'll sort of bounce against an invisible wall.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

I would suggest downloading the appropriate manual for your aircraft on the DJI.com website. Here is the information you are looking for from the manual...

Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 6.51.01 PM✨.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 6.51.33 PM✨.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 6.51.49 PM✨.png

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20