Newbie have a battery question

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just ordered my first DJI phamtom package. It comes with FPV and also zenmuse! I'm really excited, going to be outdoor next week and planning to give it a spin. However one question, how do charge multiple batteries at once? Or how long does it charge takes? I bought 3 batteries to go with it. So I should have some decent fly time. But at the end of each day, I want to be able to charge all 3 at the same time before I sleep. Is this a good practise?

you have a number of options on charging multiple batteries

-the simplest/cheapest route would be to buy a parallel charging board (around $15 or less), that you connect all the batteries to and then plug into the charger (charging at 3A would def be necessary for 3 batteries).
tho I'm not too sure how well the stock phantom charger does with parallel charging, since it's so crude and simple.
you might want to consider buying a much more powerful and robust charger to use with a parallel charging board, so you could charge at a higher charging rate (especially if you purchase more batteries).
plus you could use it as a stand alone charger along with your Phantom charger, so right there you can charge two batteries at once.
the cool thing about all the other chargers out there is that they have readouts.. and a buzzer to tell you when it's done charging!

-the most professional route to go would be to buy a fancier new charger that can balance-charge up to 4 different kinds of Lipo's at the same time. - and has a readout showing how each cell is charging, how much voltage is left to go, etc.
if you're serious about this hobby, and have the budget, check one of those out.

-you could also buy additional DJI/Phantom chargers. but while they will work, they're cheap and not the best chargers, nor do they have any functionality other than a few blinking lights.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj