Newbie from Lakewood Ranch, FL

Reaction score
Hello,
Just got my first drone for Christmas. Finally! My wife bought me a set up from someone who was upgrading. I have the Phantom 3S. It already has many upgrades and extra batteries. Now for the first flight. Very nervous about getting it off the ground for the first time. I’ve read the manual (3 times) and watched numerous YouTube videos. Just gotta get up the nerve to send it airborne.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

Reactions: Beefy1
I'm in Parrish about 15 min from LWR. If you need help let me know. I have a Phantom 4, a Phantom 4 Pro Plus, a new Mavic Platinum Pro and a Mavic Air. I not much of an expert, however, sooner or later I figure it out. We have been flying DJI drones for the past 18 months so I'm by no means an expert but willing to assist.

Kielma

I'm in Parrish about 15 min from LWR. If you need help let me know. I have a Phantom 4, a Phantom 4 Pro Plus, a new Mavic Platinum Pro and a Mavic Air. I not much of an expert, however, sooner or later I figure it out. We have been flying DJI drones for the past 18 months so I'm by no means an expert but willing to assist.

Kielma
Hey. Thanks for the offer. I’m sure I’ll have questions. First thing is to find a spot and give it a go. I’ve read and watched videos for hours now!
Mike

Sounds good Mike. This is a terrific forum loaded with good questions and answers. YouTube is loaded with videos and advice. Just make sure you find the right person or video you can trust. I used a guy that made suggestions and really put me out in the woods. I was able to recover but took many hours of frustration. Enjoy you're new machine!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Sounds good Mike. This is a terrific forum loaded with good questions and answers. YouTube is loaded with videos and advice. Just make sure you find the right person or video you can trust. I used a guy that made suggestions and really put me out in the woods. I was able to recover but took many hours of frustration. Enjoy you're new machine!

HI Mike, how did the first flight go?

Hello,
Just got my first drone for Christmas. Finally! My wife bought me a set up from someone who was upgrading. I have the Phantom 3S. It already has many upgrades and extra batteries. Now for the first flight. Very nervous about getting it off the ground for the first time. I’ve read the manual (3 times) and watched numerous YouTube videos. Just gotta get up the nerve to send it airborne.
Piece of cake,I got same phantom,here at I 75 and 64

Hey Beefy1. Congrats on the new drone. I used to live in Peridia off 70 and parents live in LWR.

I recently got a p4 from the classifieds here 10/5, and had never flown before...only watched vids on YouTube. I’ll tell you, the first few minutes were nerve wracking, but it took no time to get accustomed to flying it.

Hopefully you got a chance to take it up. If so I’d love to hear how it went. Though I live in Orlando now, I head to Bradenton regularly and film some. Did a shoot of Qocuina, Beercan Island and a stretch of Anna Maria Island beach where the wife and I got married so long ago. If interested in that weekends trip footage, I’ll be happy to post up from my pc.

If you have any newbie questions, feel free to ask me (a fellow, fairly newbie, previously from the area, lol).

Happy flying...

Well, after reading the online manual, 3 times! And after countless Phantom YouTube videos, I “just did it”. I launched it from my property and flew till about 50% battery remained then brought it back. This drone was so easy to maneuver. The best thing is if you get a little rattled by say, drone goes the opposite way the stick moved cause it was flying towards you kinda thing, just let go! It stops and hovers and waits for you! I landed it manually without incident. Looking for ward to next time.
Mike

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers