P3 Firmware Newbie controller firmwear question

Reaction score
Hello, new to drones - new the forum,
Just received my P3A and are going thru the firmwear updates. Got the aircraft updated, erased the .txt file that indicated success, I then put in the controller and I get a red flashing light right off with the beep, beep, beep. The instructions say not to stop the update process but I think there is something done wrong.

Please offer me some suggestions....

The controller is updated through DJI app.

Okay, I try that route. Thought I would watch the tutorial that indicated to use the same file that I used for the aircraft but to delete the .txt file.

Thank you

Delete the .bin file from sd card once phantom is updated.

Will do. Other than the DJI Firmware update guide is there any tutorials on the process?

Process of updating the controller?

Updating controller through the app:

Got the blue light!!!!! Thanks very much, this is a little overwhelming at first, but I am trying to learn as much as I can before attempting to fly. That includes throw away drones for initial understanding...

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
Very good! Make sure you understand the Return To Home function! (Feet vs. meters!)

Roger, already set, not flying until I fully understand this system and get some time on a "crash" drone

Don't be afraid to fly your phantom After you have studied the manuals and watched a few tutorials! Flying it is so much different from flying your "crash" drone they it really doesn't help that much to fly them first. Just start out slowly, keep the bird in beginner mode and don't try to go too high or far at first. Go into the app and double (even triple ) check that you have the RTH function set how you want it and that the RTH height is high enough to comfortably miss all the potential obstacles in your area. And ALWAYS start out with a fully charged battery. Hope you enjoy it, let us know how those fist flight go.

One last question.....Why does my P3A DJI go app look so much different on my iPad than it does on the tutorials??

One last question.....Why does my P3A DJI go app look so much different on my iPad than it does on the tutorials??
Tutorials are probably dated. Just a guess.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik