newb question. what is histogram?

Reaction score
I keep seeing people say that they check the histogram before taking pictures or video. I have no clue what that is or how to check it, or even what I would be checking for.

Here's a good video explaining it:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Phantom 3 pro unstable flight.
I took it to the park and flew two perfect flights. But this morning I tried to fly it in my neighborhood,
It had 17 satellites and compass calibration showed successful, but when I took off if acted like it had a mind on it's own and headed for my neighbors house. I corrected the the flight and it again headed towards the house again. I pulled the throttle down to stop it and it landed and then tried to take off again and flipped over and skinned up the props before I could turn off the motors. What the hell caused this. I have the latest firmware. 1.2.6
There's some high voltage lines about a 1/2 a mile from my house, could those be the problem?

Robert

Phantom 3 pro unstable flight.
I took it to the park and flew two perfect flights. But this morning I tried to fly it in my neighborhood,
It had 17 satellites and compass calibration showed successful, but when I took off if acted like it had a mind on it's own and headed for my neighbors house. I corrected the the flight and it again headed towards the house again. I pulled the throttle down to stop it and it landed and then tried to take off again and flipped over and skinned up the props before I could turn off the motors. What the hell caused this. I have the latest firmware. 1.2.6
There's some high voltage lines about a 1/2 a mile from my house, could those be the problem?

Robert

High voltage lines aren't a problem unless you're within like 300 feet of them... Even then they dont always cause issues... You might try starting another thread.

What I would find interesting is what you guys do manually to adjust if you find your histogram doesn't look right. Too much right or too much left. What manual settings directly effect that so you can center it?

What I would find interesting is what you guys do manually to adjust if you find your histogram doesn't look right. Too much right or too much left. What manual settings directly effect that so you can center it?

If you use the exposure wheel it works pretty well in centering the histogram... I use it a lot during sunsets and/or low light situations

The Exposure Triangle consists of Shutter Speed, ISO and Aperture. The Aperture in the Phantom is fixes at 2.8, so that leaves you ISO and Shutter Speed. To get a better understanding of the relationship of these settings to each other, I suggest getting the book Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson. It explains it in great, simple detail and is a quick and easy read.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic