New Warning I havent seen till today

That could be.

Ordinarily, I'd say, that might be the case except, there was no shutdown. The message disappeared as quickly as it appeared, and the flight continued on without any other warnings for nearly 15 minutes. I charge/top-off my batteries before each flight, and my batteries are at room temperature (~70°F) before each flight and packed in an insulated case. I let the quad hover for a couple of minutes before taking off each time. I flew using the same battery in 16°F temps a week earlier, and at 28°F a week before that without any warnings, so it's a bit of a mystery. That one flight was the one and only time I've seen that warning with any of my 5 batteries. Still, I'll continue to monitor that battery in case there is a problem with it.
Sounds like you are already doing everything right to avoid triggering the battery shutoff, and that the throttling algorithm, designed to prevent shutoffs, kicked in prematurely. Probably just a glitch, tripped by an obscure bug in the algorithm.

Reactions: epicdoom
Sounds like you are already doing everything right to avoid triggering the battery shutoff, and that the throttling algorithm, designed to prevent shutoffs, kicked in prematurely. Probably just a glitch, tripped by an obscure bug in the algorithm.

I read as much as I could on this site about cold weather flying and took necessary precautions before I ever attempted it. Out of the 30+ flights this winter, that was the first and only time the warning appeared. Like I said, I know which battery it is and I'm monitoring it for any additional issues.

I read as much as I could on this site about cold weather flying and took necessary precautions before I ever attempted it. Out of the 30+ flights this winter, that was the first and only time the warning appeared. Like I said, I know which battery it is and I'm monitoring it for any additional issues.
The limited propulsion algorithm will prevent the battery from shutting off due to low voltage. The biggest risk is not making it all the way back Home, under the limited propulsion, should it occur again, as it will prevent flying at the optimal speed for distance. Maybe use this battery for close-in flights that don't push the envelope, where that won't be an issue.

Reactions: epicdoom

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT