New vision +.. Not happy..

kgarrison said:
sergekouper said:
Sorry, case not close !
The interferences we're talking here are not prop shadows, this interference is covering a bigger area than the props entering the top of the picture. They are directly related to the speed of your rotors, the position in the sun, determining the speed of your shutter, the whole thing creating this flickering effect. So apparently some have to redo their homework here.! :lol:

Nobody said it was the props entering the top of the picture. Bright light from above, such as the highly reflective clouds in his video, will create a strong overhead light source, the props will then cast shadows onto the lens. This effect can cover the entire field of view depending on the angle. This is what appears to be happening. I would bet if he flew in different lighting conditions, his results would be different.

Ok, let's keep away these props entering the picture,then it's clear for everybody. i have been working on this question and the answer is above. Installing a hood on the lens will not change anything. However, slowing down the rotors has an impact. You can achieve the same effect by installing a ND filter. This will slow down the speed of the shutter, and diminish/stop the problem. I do it, with results. I installed a tiffen 0.9, 37mm on a mount adapted to the GoPro. Now you can deny that as well if you like!

Doono said:
Slowing down the rotors?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Meaning not pushing too hard when facing the sun. lower RPM if you prefer.

Although the posters that said it's the shadows of the props, are normally correct ... they are not 'always' correct.
One of my P2Vs did it with no props mounted, and it tracked the speed of the motors.
It was very nearly identical to the normal (as described) shadow, and it only happened when the camera sensor was being flooded with light.

I suspect that that particular P2V had an issue with noise generated by the motor drive circuity that for some reason made the bands appear when the gain for the camera was driving low to comp for the sensor being lit up.
That's just a WAG, but irrespective ..... it 'did' happen with the props off, and the rate of the bands moving up/down the image followed the throttle.

Flyer91 said:
Although the posters that said it's the shadows of the props, are normally correct ... they are not 'always' correct.
One of my P2Vs did it with no props mounted, and it tracked the speed of the motors.
It was very nearly identical to the normal (as described) shadow, and it only happened when the camera sensor was being flooded with light.

I suspect that that particular P2V had an issue with noise generated by the motor drive circuity that for some reason made the bands appear when the gain for the camera was driving low to comp for the sensor being lit up.
That's just a WAG, but irrespective ..... it 'did' happen with the props off, and the rate of the bands moving up/down the image followed the throttle.

Good point.. Just to be on the safe side, I'll reshoot in the same location (the weather today is about the same as a few days back), only I'll take the props off.

Hard to lighten up after going through three sets of props from crashing.. Having sent my copter to the dealer to be fixed-- waiting a month, and having it come back flying worse than what it did before.. It's misleading advertising.. DJI posts videos of their copters under perfect control, and I'm stuck with a couple now, that if I follow their directions, the copter will drift into ever increasing circles.. And the best they can come up with is.. Duh.. Calibrate the compass..

obiwan_pierogi said:
Hard to lighten up after going through three sets of props from crashing.. Having sent my copter to the dealer to be fixed-- waiting a month, and having it come back flying worse than what it did before.. It's misleading advertising.. DJI posts videos of their copters under perfect control, and I'm stuck with a couple now, that if I follow their directions, the copter will drift into ever increasing circles.. And the best they can come up with is.. Duh.. Calibrate the compass..

Unlucky once, ok. Unlucky twice, I would start to question myself, because there are a lot of happy customers here, including me, and I have damaged 2 sets of propellers crashing and drowned my P2 in 1meter of water for about 5 mn. All my fault. I don't know what is your level of experience as a pilot, so I cannot comment if it is your fault or not, but you can crash these things in a blink of an eye, even in GPS mode. Most crashes are pilot errors. Now you're lucky to have 2 Phantoms, if you have doubts about something, or suspect something is wrong in your machine, you can start swapping parts and see. I'm new to the world of RC, but I discovered that this hobby involves a part of mandatory DIY that will not be done by somebody else. It's a part of the game and it's quite cool I think! I understand your frustration, but keep calm, grab a screwdriver and see how you can help yourself... Good luck.

sergekouper said:
obiwan_pierogi said:

Unlucky once, ok. Unlucky twice, I would start to question myself, because there are a lot of happy customers here, including me, and I have damaged 2 sets of propellers crashing and drowned my P2 in 1meter of water for about 5 mn. All my fault. I don't know what is your level of experience as a pilot, so I cannot comment if it is your fault or not, but you can crash these things in a blink of an eye, even in GPS mode. Most crashes are pilot errors. Now you're lucky to have 2 Phantoms, if you have doubts about something, or suspect something is wrong in your machine, you can start swapping parts and see. I'm new to the world of RC, but I discovered that this hobby involves a part of mandatory DIY that will not be done by somebody else. It's a part of the game and it's quite cool I think! I understand your frustration, but keep calm, grab a screwdriver and see how you can help yourself... Good luck.

The problem rests with DJI, and their correcting the compass declination problem.. All my crashes were as a result of the toilet bowl effect, and the major left hook.. Even with my recent vision2+ purchase, I told the dealer if I was new at flying, I would have crashed it by now.. We're talking a 30' left swing, after a 40' straight run.. Trust me, it is a fight to even maintain a hover, as it won't hover on its own.. Just drifts away.. And yes, the compass is calibrated (LOL.. that's the first thing everyone asks).. And yes, the numbers are within the proper parameters, and yes, I did a basic and advanced IMU calibration.. .. Nothing to do with parts, I'm thinking, as my first vision reacted the exact same way, until I rotated the compass 30 degrees

obiwan_pierogi said:

I know what you mean brother. My first P2V+ crashed 3wks ago totally destroying the camera/gimbal. After numerous emails to DJI they basically said bad luck, but send it to China & we'll fix it at your expense! Bought another one, just arrived 3days ago & it won't fly at all. Motors won't spin up & unable to calibrate the compass. Solid yellow lights on all the time, tried it in 7 different locations.... So I have $3000.00 worth of junk here in the cupboard too....

sergekouper said:
You may have read this one, but just in case...
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10317

Yes.. Some of the guys have been testing a new firmware from DJI, which is designed to correct the declination.. I was hoping I would be one of the chosen ones, but I guess I'll have to wait 'till it's released.. My PV2+ is still under warranty.. 20 days to return.. I'm waiting to see if the dealer can come up with anything better than compass calibration.. My declination is 17.3 positive.. Positive causes counter-clockwise TBE, and a left drift tendency.. A neg. declination, causes the opposite.. Most phantom owners above a 15 declination appear to be affected..

Phantom_Menace66 said:
obiwan_pierogi said:

I know what you mean brother. My first P2V+ crashed 3wks ago totally destroying the camera/gimbal. After numerous emails to DJI they basically said bad luck, but send it to China & we'll fix it at your expense! Bought another one, just arrived 3days ago & it won't fly at all. Motors won't spin up & unable to calibrate the compass. Solid yellow lights on all the time, tried it in 7 different locations.... So I have $3000.00 worth of junk here in the cupboard too....

Me and you are in the same **** boat....glad I'm in good company:)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4