New vision app update.

Hey guys. A new update is available into App Store. Please someone checks if camera connection issue has been fixed

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The DJI VISION iOS app update 1.0.60 is up but the description is not using "the best in English". I don't trust it. Has there been a firmware update on the Phantom up from 3.14 as well? I'm not flying these days as I wait for the update dust to settle.

The DJI VISION iOS app update 1.0.60 is up but the description is not using "the best in English". I don't trust it. Has there been a firmware update on the Phantom up from 3.14 as well? I'm not flying these days as I wait for the update dust to settle.

I get it. I'm going back to my roots nitro heli's and always reliable fixed wing's that's where it started for me in 1984.
Most started with a P2 or P3 out of the box and go fly it. And can't fly anything else because of the assistance with the apps auto level and such which is fine and all. And that's how they base there RC flying on. But you need to learn IMO how to FLY in manual mode or be a real pilot and learn to fly a nitro heli. My 2 cents. [emoji2]

Reactions: phxbird57
I started with kit built control-line at age 12 then on to RC, rockets, home built hovercraft, boats & cars. 40 years later Parrot AR & indoor mini helicopters. I got the P2V+ because of the RTH feature. I found it flys so easy that the photography aspect became my interest. So now I slush around in the air trying to get good shots. I know there are better camera platforms (P4) but my P2 still works and my cash outlay for a zillion batteries make upgrading unattractive at this point.
So I understand your feeling to get back to real flying. Best wishes with that Fourprops.

The Apple store for my country is The dji vision app back in store, upgraded and its a working one live view problem is solved whitout replacing the wifi module

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I just noticed this update. It says they have lowered the TX power. UI FIXES. Hmmm

I skipped the iOS app DJI VISION v1.0.59 (DJI pulled because it was buggy) and went straight to v1.0.60. The only thing I noticed different from v1.0.58 was on the Ground Station feature waypoints were constrained to be within distances of what I assume are calculated based upon current battery percentage flight time estimates. Basically means one can't set a waypoint mission further than 500 meters.
Comments?

I skipped the iOS app DJI VISION v1.0.59 (DJI pulled because it was buggy) and went straight to v1.0.60. The only thing I noticed different from v1.0.58 was on the Ground Station feature waypoints were constrained to be within distances of what I assume are calculated based upon current battery percentage flight time estimates. Basically means one can't set a waypoint mission further than 500 meters.
Comments?
It would of been nice if DJI would of also included a datafile since they did do an update. That is the biggest reason I use Litchi. Now that I've started looking in to waypoints on Litchi, It makes it even better. Max distance that I've found between way points ( and it may be larger) is 2.5 miles ( 500 meters really)

I'm stuck with DJI VISION iOS app because few 3rd party apps support P2V+ v3.

I'm stuck with DJI VISION iOS app because few 3rd party apps support P2V+ v3.

You can use Flight track FMS for free on the IOS store, but seriously switch to Android there are 2 good apps, Litchi and Ultimate flight.

You can use Flight track FMS for free on the IOS store, but seriously switch to Android there are 2 good apps, Litchi and Ultimate flight.

Your right.
I have iOS Flight Plan 2 but with the P2V+ many features are not available. The feature I miss most is smooth turning during movie recording when changing waypoints. I'm embedded in the Apple ecosystem and have many P2 batteries and charges, custom built RC mount, FPV goggles, ipad 3 & "workstation". So even if I get another (3rd) Phantom I'd try to pickup another P2.

as with updates? or support?
To me Litchi supports it better by giving you a data file where DJI vision app does not.

Yup. I miss being able to setup waypoint missions at home then go to site and fly.

Your right.
I have iOS Flight Plan 2 but with the P2V+ many features are not available. The feature I miss most is smooth turning during movie recording when changing waypoints. I'm embedded in the Apple ecosystem and have many P2 batteries and charges, custom built RC mount, FPV goggles, ipad 3 & "workstation". So even if I get another (3rd) Phantom I'd try to pickup another P2.
I agree with you on I wish even Litchi would add some feathers to the vision version. I know it's free but if it had poi in pw like the other version has I would be willing to buy it. Litchi you hear me. :D

Yup. I miss being able to setup waypoint missions at home then go to site and fly.
that by it's self it great. plot out you mission from Google map. I had a few hand ups even with that and it's not Litchi Google map. Things grow so fast out there that in Google map it may show dirt and now its a 10 store building.

@dgd3 if you want smooth turning with the standard DJI app there is a bastardized version on the web that includes what is called banked turns by speed

ilovecoffee

ive used it before Litchi and the likes were around and it works great

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4