New video and in search of new ideas.

Reaction score
I've just finished my new video with shots from Norway with my P4P. :)
I was lucky and had beautiful weather and nice scenery, and im quite happy with both the editing and the footage. Probably my best work so far. :) Please let me know what you think.
But to build from here, to make drone footage more interesting, what elements or shots do you feel make a drone video interesting?
Im going on a trip soon to the mountains and would love some new ideas to implement in a new movie.

That's an amazing showreel. You certainly have a great range of piloting, RC operation and videography skills, well done. It's difficult to advise much, just perhaps having a series of 3/4 second shots from different perspectives of the same location would be good?

Reactions: Zorro
That's an amazing showreel. You certainly have a great range of piloting, RC operation and videography skills, well done. It's difficult to advise much, just perhaps having a series of 3/4 second shots from different perspectives of the same location would be good?

Thank you very much for your compliments!
I agree, when I was editing I thought of the same thing you are describing. To show one location after another. I have done that in previous videos, and my experience from that is that the average viewer gets bored quick. So when I edited this i thought about how to make the viewer feel interested till the end of the video. Thats why its more mixed locations, more back and forth.
I have gotten replies about some like it that way, and some, as you, would like it more chronological if I understood you correctly?

Thank you very much for your compliments!
I agree, when I was editing I thought of the same thing you are describing. To show one location after another. I have done that in previous videos, and my experience from that is that the average viewer gets bored quick. So when I edited this i thought about how to make the viewer feel interested till the end of the video. Thats why its more mixed locations, more back and forth.
I have gotten replies about some like it that way, and some, as you, would like it more chronological if I understood you correctly?

I think you've misunderstood. What I'm suggesting is shooting the same location from different perspectives and then moving onto another location. Personally, I don't like fast shots of different locations. JMPOV. How do you get the tilt control so slow and smooth?

I dont have inputs for you, but you just gave me a ton.
Love the shot, love the tilt control, love the videography, love the music, love the slow motions, love it all.
Did you do hand piloting or litchi?

Sent from my SM-N910H using PhantomPilots mobile app
Thanks alot! thats so kind of you! I did it all by hand yes. I havent really tried Litchi alot.

I think you've misunderstood. What I'm suggesting is shooting the same location from different perspectives and then moving onto another location. Personally, I don't like fast shots of different locations. JMPOV. How do you get the tilt control so slow and smooth?
Actually I think I understood, but with English not being my first language I might have worded myself badly. I meant to say that I did shoot from different perspectives at the locations. But edited the way it is so that viewers, maybe, would find it more interesting and exciting. I have "killed" alot of darlings so to speak. If I was to make a video for myself I would probably have it with longer and multiple shots before moving onto another location, like you described. Did it this way to see how the viewers respond :)

How I get the tilt control so slow and smooth, is probably a combination with careful use when piloting and in editing. Like slowing down the footage and cutting away before the tilt stops.

Actually I think I understood, but with English not being my first language I might have worded myself badly. I meant to say that I did shoot from different perspectives at the locations. But edited the way it is so that viewers, maybe, would find it more interesting and exciting. I have "killed" alot of darlings so to speak. If I was to make a video for myself I would probably have it with longer and multiple shots before moving onto another location, like you described. Did it this way to see how the viewers respond :)

How I get the tilt control so slow and smooth, is probably a combination with careful use when piloting and in editing. Like slowing down the footage and cutting away before the tilt stops.
Well, I have no idea what your native language is, but trust me, your English is as excellent as your videography.

Well, I have no idea what your native language is, but trust me, your English is as excellent as your videography.
Hehe Thank you for that might have been a little misunderstanding then.

I was lucky and had beautiful weather and nice scenery, and im quite happy with both the editing and the footage. Probably my best work so far. :) Please let me know what you think.
But to build from here, to make drone footage more interesting, what elements or shots do you feel make a drone video interesting?
Im going on a trip soon to the mountains and would love some new ideas to implement in a new movie.

Truly magnificent!

You have captured some stunning scenery beautifully. I enjoyed it just as it was, without the gimmicky editing techniques that some people use. I found that I enjoyed the content without being distracted by techniques.

Stunning photography and editing.

Then I'm sitting in my house and taking pictures of the snow in my backyard :eek:. Footage is extraordinary!

Then I'm sitting in my house and taking pictures of the snow in my backyard :eek:. Footage is extraordinary!
Thanks alot! What I have found out is that the more you move away from the backyard the better the shots :p

Enjoyable video there Zorro. Great shots, good editing and well matched music AND I noted the garden gnome in the first few frames beside the river :)

Hehe ye thats my friend. We were on a roadtrip over the mountain, making a "vlog" from where I got these shots. Thank you for your nice words. [emoji6]

Very nicely done! I especially like the opening reveal scene. You could maybe stay on the the tree tops another second or so just to build the suspense up but looks awesome either way.

Very nicely done! I especially like the opening reveal scene. You could maybe stay on the the tree tops another second or so just to build the suspense up but looks awesome either way.
Thanks alot! Been a while since I made this video but very nice to still get positive feedback. Ive learned alot since this video. But still is one of my favorites. [emoji3]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik