New version next week!

OK. So, Android 2.0 app released today. Do we still really think another update with firmware will come out tomorrow or this week?

Well I don't see it happening unless this is a metered update to the app and current firmware. I would assume your looking for the features Orbit Follow me etc?

hmmm.. they did release a new SDK and beta firmware on the developer's site... I wonder if a public firmware is forthcoming

I just installed the Go app on my Android phone and it shows my firmware as 1.2.6+

Is that normal for having the latest firmware (1.3.2)?

I'm sorry I was talking about new firmware with the follow me, orbit features etc.

So you believe that the current app already supports these features but that all we need is a firmware update to unlock them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you believe that the current app already supports these features but that all we need is a firmware update to unlock them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would think that would be the case. I wouldn't think dji would work hard to make the new dji go and then turn around and make a new app. Probably just a small update to the app... I'm thinking it's gonna be a firmware update too I'm no expert tho.

Last edited:
Well, the Standard version is going to need an update pretty soon to get the promised features (orbit, follow-me, waypoints). And, DJI is probably eager to reverse a reputation that they released unfinished products (e.g. Phantom 3 initial release). So, hopefully you are all correct about this.

I think they should slow down a little bit. I think the phantom 3 is there slow down. Point. Dji is becoming just like cell phone companies. (Just pump them out no matter If they work 100 percent or not)

Maybe he was referring to the new GO app for Android released earlier today. Wonder if the new Standard is running same firmware and app version as the P3P and P3A are or a different version due to follow me, waypoints, etc.

So dumb......who releases major app and or firmware update this close unless there's a major issue. Why not just wait an extra 2 weeks and do the dance once?

Maybe he was referring to the new GO app for Android released earlier today. Wonder if the new Standard is running same firmware and app version as the P3P and P3A are or a different version due to follow me, waypoints, etc.
The firmware & app would likely be different between P3S and P3P/A. The Standard doesn't use Lightbridge like P&A. As for the navigation portion of the firmware, it might be the same, but the firmware is all bundled together with the vision downlink. However, whenever they release POI, Watchme, Followme, Waypoints, etc. it would likely be released for all Phantom's at the same time. That's what I would expect. Whether they do this together or not, we'll have to wait and see, anything is possible.

The firmware & app would likely be different between P3S and P3P/A. The Standard doesn't use Lightbridge like P&A. As for the navigation portion of the firmware, it might be the same, but the firmware is all bundled together with the vision downlink. However, whenever they release POI, Watchme, Followme, Waypoints, etc. it would likely be released for all Phantom's at the same time. That's what I would expect. Whether they do this together or not, we'll have to wait and see, anything is possible.

Aren't the Inspire owners waiting for all that too? They paid much more than we did.

So dumb......who releases major app and or firmware update this close unless there's a major issue. Why not just wait an extra 2 weeks and do the dance once?

I've said it before... DJI can't win with you guys. When they don't release anything people cry about it and when they release multiple things at once or within a short amount of time people cry about it.

Yes, I'm sure they're waiting too. I didn't mention Inspire because this is a Phantom forum, trying to comply with the rules of posting here.
Ha! If mentioning Inspire owners is as far as people went off topic here, the mods would love it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT