New User From Hawaii

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello to this awesome forum, and introduce myself. I look forward to learning and watching all the cool videos, BTW, I just posted one of mines on the pictures and videos forum.

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello
animated-smileys-waving-015.gif

Welcome to the forum and the addiction er hobby :)

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi IC, what island? I live in San Jose, Kapa'a and Pahoa. Right now in SJ but leaving for Pahoa next month. Be there for 5 months or so. I'll be taking my new P3S as carry-on so I can play with it while there. Hmm, I wonder how close I can get to the current flow?

Hi IC, what island? I live in San Jose, Kapa'a and Pahoa. Right now in SJ but leaving for Pahoa next month. Be there for 5 months or so. I'll be taking my new P3S as carry-on so I can play with it while there. Hmm, I wonder how close I can get to the current flow?
Cool man, I live on Oahu, but would love to film Kauai and the Big Isle.

Cool man, I live on Oahu, but would love to film Kauai and the Big Isle.
Yes, all three islands have much beauty, but to be honest, I think Oahu offers more variety. I mean, look at the beaches. BI has so few and none on the Puna District where I live. However, in a couple million years the rocky coast near my Pahoa house will have a nice beach. Can't wait that long, lol. However, we do have the flows which I doubt I'll get close enough to tape.

hawaiian_27.gif

Just wanted to say hello to this awesome forum, and introduce myself. I look forward to learning and watching all the cool videos, BTW, I just posted one of mines on the pictures and videos forum.
I see you are from Hawaii. What island? I just joined today, too, and I'm on the Big Island.

Aloha!

What part of the island you stay Bob? I'll be arriving Kona on Nov. 7th. My house is in Hawaiian Beaches, Pahoa. I've only flown my P3S one time. And for only a few minutes. Not many places once can fly a drone in a crowded city. So looking forward to the wide open spaces of the island.

Hi from the Big Island, the only island with an active volcano. Kilauea is in Volcanoes National Park, where drones are prohibited. I don't think there is any point outside that is close enough to fly to the lava.
What part of the island you stay Bob? I'll be arriving Kona on Nov. 7th. My house is in Hawaiian Beaches, Pahoa. I've only flown my P3S one time. And for only a few minutes. Not many places once can fly a drone in a crowded city. So looking forward to the wide open spaces of the island.
Hi, Eddie - I live at Mauna Lani, and am here 12 months a year (minus any trips my wife and I take. (As few as possible three days. I'm retired, and happy to enjoy Hawaii.)

I love the Pahoa and the contrast to ou

Hi from the Big Island, the only island with an active volcano. Kilauea is in Volcanoes National Park, where drones are prohibited. I don't think there is any point outside that is close enough to fly to the lava.

Hi, Eddie - I live at Mauna Lani, and am here 12 months a year (minus any trips my wife and I take. (As few as possible three days. I'm retired, and happy to enjoy Hawaii.)

as I was saying - the contrast to the lava, dry side of the island where I live.

My daughter will be arrivi

im having to rouble....I keep getting sent to another page and losing what I've typed. Anyway, I have stayed many times at The Coconut Cottage in Pahoa. I will be there when my daughter and her husband visit around Christmas.

You have one more flight than I do. I'm looking forward to the big day. Maybe tomorrow?

Aloha,

Bob

HI Bob, isn't Mauna Lani that gated community on a golf course on the NW side of BI? Never been there, in fact the only place I've been on that side of the island lately is Kona airport and Costco nearby. Many, many years ago I used to fly as a crew member on a now defunct airline. We flew only to Hilo from Honolulu after a stop in Maui, and Molokai. In 2004 we visited Kona when my wife and two newly adopted granddaughters and I took a cruise that tendered in Kona. Do you notice if there are constant high winds in your area? Isn't the Phantom restricted to flying under 21 mph winds? Pahoa seems to have days of calm winds, so hopefully when I launch my Phantom the winds will not be strong.

Hi gang! I'm new to all this. Just got a P3S. Is there a local Phantom group on Oahu?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hey AllDubyas, welcome to the forum. There are a couple of drone clubs locally, but not sure how active they are. And no dedicated Phantom group here on Oahu that I'm aware of.

Hey AllDubyas, welcome to the forum. There are a couple of drone clubs locally, but not sure how active they are. And no dedicated Phantom group here on Oahu that I'm aware of.

Maybe I should start a Hawaii Phantom Pilots Group!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Welcome to the forum intrepidcruiser .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues