New update

I wish I hadn't done this latest one. Now I'm stuck with a slow drone and geofence garbage

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Just turn your Multiple Flight modes switch back on. In the latest update all your settings have been reset to default. This will then let you fly in all modes again. Such as sport and P modes.

Last edited:
Just turn your Intelligent Flight modes switch back on. In the latest update all your settings have been reset to default. This will then let you fly in all modes again. Such as sport and P modes.

Forgot it resets them. I'll have to check that! Thanks mucho!

Reactions: KevMo Photog
I was born in mid 1980s. Can't relate to the cell phone briefcase. I do remember phones without cameras though. Lol

However I have 4 batteries so if I burn through a sport mode in 15 minutes I'm good with that cause it's an intense 40+mph experience. This new update turned my drone into a turtle.

See my reply to your slow problem above. The update reset all settings. So Multiple Flight modes is turned off as default.

Last edited:
I always revisit my settings after an update as they default. Sounds like the OP failed to do that.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Forgot it resets them. I'll have to check that! Thanks mucho!

I did the same thing tonight and I was thinking what the hell happened to my speed too. Looked at my screen and it even told me to enable Multiple Flight modes so I was good to go then.

Last edited:
If DJI reduced the sport mode people would have been raising hell.

I always revisit my settings after an update as they default. Sounds like the OP failed to do that.

I pretty much did the same thing tonight. This would have come from the app update wouldn't it? And not the bird update? I'm talking about the Intelligent Flight Mode being turned off btw.

The sport mode can be very helpful under some situations, avoiding bird attacks is one that comes to mind. Also reaching a location to film and then return in a hurry if weather moves in.

I can understand that to a point. But I have many years of "flying" under my belt. I have logs books denoting exactly where I was heading to each time I flew.

It may come a time where the FAA may "require" you to notify them if you fly over certain amount of mins. This world is changing and FAST. So please have fun out there but not to the expense of others. 9/11[eee changed the way we go to the airport now among other many things. Please don't go overboard with this "speed thing" allowing Uncle Sam to ground the whole drone thing.

So what about the racing drones?

So what about the racing drones?

From what I've seen the races are generally low to the ground, around a track and sometimes even inside a building.

Yeah I get that. I just didn't understand Big Al's comment about having log books denoting exactly where he flies and how that relates to having a sport mode.

I was born in mid 1980s. Can't relate to the cell phone briefcase. I do remember phones without cameras though. Lol

However I have 4 batteries so if I burn through a sport mode in 15 minutes I'm good with that cause it's an intense 40+mph experience. This new update turned my drone into a turtle.

I totally agree about the "rush" I just think DJI is re-thinking the whole deal and trying to me this whole think safe for everyone.
If you really want sa "rush" for sure. try skydiving. I have 19 jumps under my belt:)

Yeah I get that. I just didn't understand Big Al's comment about having log books denoting exactly where he flies and how that relates to having a sport mode.

When I lived in San Diego, I used to take my girlfriend to Catalina Island. Yes, it was a short trip but I logged each flight and notified the "system" of where I was going to.

All I saying is that when "push comes to shove" the FAA will be the winner for sure/

Log books, sport mode...never mind. LOL!

See my reply to your slow problem above. The update reset all settings. So Multiple Flight modes is turned off as default.

LOL to all the people complaining about the slow drones. I'f you actually pay attention to your screen that's the first thing in yellow that pops up. Turn on multiple modes. Just wow smh

Indeed it is & it's worse. The Baltimore stadiums no longer appear with red NFZ areas around them in the newer app. Thinking DJI had corrected the 24/7/365 NFZ around them for a realistic "on game days" only, he flew over. Suddenly his P4 announced "You are in a No Fly Zone. Auto-landing initiated!" He could not withdraw & the Phantom landed. Very fortunate to come down in the only field around & not on the interstate. He was 1.5 miles away and did recover the bird...landed perfectly for what it's worth..Worse part is the NFZ wasn't marked. What if you are flying in an area when a TFR is issued for that area? Auto-land???

He must have good eyes to have LOS at 1.5 miles. I bet he blamed it on DJI too ;-)

I had my first flight after the latest update and everything is fine....if you check and reset the settings that were changed by the update. I was able to go my usual 45 mph in sport mode, the P4 was stable with altitude holding. Still, looks like a winner to me.

LOS has nothing to do with this issue. You tell us: Whose fault is it that there is an UNMARKED NFZ on the map that provides no warning? Whose fault is it that, once you enter the unmarked NFZ, the bird immediately enters an uncontrollable auto-land with no way to back off & fly out as was the case with the prior software? Is this the pilot's fault or DJI's fault? What happens if you are flying along and a temporary NFZ is issued for the area in which you are currently flying? Your bird just auto-lands? In such a situation would it be your fault if you are in LOS, 500' out over water, as you watch your bird land & sink beneath the waves?

He must have good eyes to have LOS at 1.5 miles. I bet he blamed it on DJI too ;-)

The sport mode can be very helpful under some situations, avoiding bird attacks is one that comes to mind. Also reaching a location to film and then return in a hurry if weather moves in.

Agree 100%

LOS has nothing to do with this issue. You tell us: Whose fault is it that there is an UNMARKED NFZ on the map that provides no warning? Whose fault is it that, once you enter the unmarked NFZ, the bird immediately enters an uncontrollable auto-land with no way to back off & fly out as was the case with the prior software? Is this the pilot's fault or DJI's fault? What happens if you are flying along and a temporary NFZ is issued for the area in which you are currently flying? Your bird just auto-lands? In such a situation would it be your fault if you are in LOS, 500' out over water, as you watch your bird land & sink beneath the waves?

You apparently didn't pickup on my sarcasm.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik