New to Drones and DJI

Reaction score
Hello All, Just thought I post a hello since I'm sure I will asking you all for much help in the future! I'm pretty new to drones, my buddy brought his Yuneec Typhoon H over a few weeks ago (which we crashed in a swamped area behind my house, but that's another story), but I was hooked. So spent the last few weeks researching and comparing and was between the Autel, DJI P3P, and the Yuneec. Saw the P3P on New Egg for $570 refurb and couldn't pass it up. Helped too that my local target had a bunch of DJI accessories on clearance for some reason. Got the DJI backpack for $40! I have an Iphone 5, so I will be using my Ipad Pro Wifi for now. Maybe ugrade my phone or buy a smaller tablet at some point.

Anyways, it's not here yet, but I will post how the refurb turns out in case anyone is considering it. Seems like from what I've read, there's no more issues with refurbs than the brand new ones, so I'm hopeful. Thanks for all the help this forum has given me already, that was also I big plus for the DJI.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

You'll love the P3P. Just re-read the manual at least twice, don't forget to register with the FAA here and read the manual again before you fly. Take it slowly at first. Welcome to the addiction!

Hey your I phone should work just fine I have an I phone 5s and it works for the most part

I hate to say it, but it was actually a good thing for me when my buddy crashed his Typhoon. I will be much more careful now I think. Thanks for the links and advice, I def want to take it slow and learn everything there is to know, maybe this will be the hobby I've been looking for...Thanks, I will try my Iphone 5, I was just going off of the website. If it doesn't work, I did see somewhere that I can Bluetooth from my Ipad to Iphone to get the GPS functionality, but I honestly don't think I would need it any time soon at least.

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Reactions: Neon Euc

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z